We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigarettes

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
821 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cigarettes

Hi,

Is there someone who can tell me how much a packet of 20 Marlboro typically costs in Denmark?

Also, does anyone know how many cigarettes can legally be imported for personal use from the Baltic States?

I know that it is 200 in the UK and Ireland and would imagine that it is the same throughout the UK, but maybe some countries are more or less generous.

Many thanks for your help with this!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigarettes

When you enter Denmark from another EU country you can legally bring 800 cigarettes as long as the tax is paid in the country where you bought the cigarettes. However, there are special rules concerning how many cigarettes etc. you are allowed to import from the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia. This amount is only 200.

A pack of Marlborough costs 32 DKK.

Hurghada, Egypt
Level Contributor
821 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigarettes

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Wow, DKK 32 - that's very reasonable. No wonder you're overrrun by Swedes stocking up on all of their unhealthy items like alcohol and cigarettes!

Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigarettes

That's cheap??

Its about $3 a pack in Virginia and we think that's expensive. How many can I bring into Denmark on my vacation? Maybe I could trade for the expensive hotel rooms you'all have up there.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigarettes

Cigarettes are heavily taxed in EU but in Denmark they are cheaper then some other EU countries. In Britian for instance you can pay up to 50 DKK for a pack.

5. Re: Cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 12, 2009