We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copenhagen - 4 days

vancouver, bc
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
copenhagen - 4 days

hi

i'm spending a year or so traveling around, starting in norway with family. i'm in norway now and will likely be leaving here end-june with first stop denmark for probably 4 days. i don't really know much about denmark so obvious target is copenhagen; however, i do have a scanrail pass and would welcome suggestions for other cities to visit, even day trips from copenhagen (malmo is an obvious one, but others?)

initial idea is to take the overnight ferry from oslo to copenhagen but nothing is booked yet so could easily touch down in another danish city and rail to copenhagen (although i think i had probably better get moving on some reservations so as not to be swimming ...)

also, is there a good english language website/ online listing for what's on (bands, entertainment) in copenhagen/denmark?

and if anyone has a recommendation for an excellent cappucino with free wireless internet access in copenhagen, that would be a much appreciated bonus!

tusen takk!

karen

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: copenhagen - 4 days

Greetings!

For day trips from Copenhagen: Hillerød (Frederiksborg Slot), Helsingør (Kronborg Slot), Humlebæk (Louisiana), Rungsted (Karen Blixen Museum), Rosklide (Viking Ship Museum).

On the north of Sjælland there are lots of beautiful beaches - Tisvildeje is goreous and you walk in the hegn (scrub forest). Most of the beaches can be reached via trains from Hillerød.

Further afield, if you want to travel a bit, Skagen (tip of Jylland) is supposed to a great place to visit.

Copenhagen Post has some listings : http://www.copenhagenpost.dk/

When you get to Copenhagen, try to find a copy of This Month/Week in Copenhagen, which is a tourist publication that has info on all the events each day, and also opening hours for the museums.

Kate

2. Re: copenhagen - 4 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 14, 2009