We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos in October

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Topic
Skopelos in October

I am really hoping to travel to Skopelos at the beginning of October this year. However, I am reluctant to book a flight yet as I am worried whether the ferries from Skiathos to Glossa will be running as I will be travelling out of peak season. Can anyone advise on this and how often they run each day at this time of the year? Also, can anyone can give me an idea of how long it will take to travel from Glossa to Stafilos at the other end of the Island? Is October a good time to visit the Island? Any advice would be very welcome!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,226 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos in October

You will still have at least one ferry per day which is enough. They don't stop as people live on the islands and need to get to the mainland.

Ferries go to Skopelos town as well which is nearer to Staphylos.

October is a bit too late really as the weather starts to go off by then in those northern islands. Better than UK but don't expect sun every day it will tend to be more variable.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos in October

Hey and welcome Eddie829:-) Firstly, there will be at least 1 ferry a day from Skiathos to the isle of Skopelos.. but if you are going to Stafylos, you'd be way better off to take the ferry to Skopelos Town and not to Glossa!

Although there is a bus that will take you from Glossa to Stafylos in about 50 min or so, if your destination is Stafylos.. head to Skopelos Town.. the bus from there is about 10 min;-)

Just to note, the ticket/ferry stop says *Glossa* but you actually disembark down at the small fishing village of Loutraki.. the village of Glossa is the one right above perched on high.. and again, you're on the other side of the isle if your destination is Stafylos;-)

I've spent many Octobers on the isle.. can vary from hot to warm/sunny.. to cool and rainy.. your best bet is during the first half of the month but one never knows! I've experienced hot/sunny days as well as rainy days .. one after in the other.. especially during the end of the month.. usually the first half of the month can experience a wonderful Indian Summer after seasonal changes that usually occur during the latter part of Sept.. can actually extend well into Nov as well.. can be a magnificent time for sure.. but again, one never knows what Mother Nature has in store for this year;-) EnJOY!

Kent, United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos in October

Hi there. Thank you so much taking the time to read and reply to my questions. It's great helpful advice.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos in October

You're welcome Eddie829:-) Let us know how it goes;-) Keep us posted.. keep Enjoyin'!

5. Re: Skopelos in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 18, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos