We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Hi there,

my partner and i have booked in at the panorama studios from 5 - 18 of september. Has anyone been? Also what is the average cost of food and wine out there? We are self catering but will probably dine out some evenings. On a bit of a budget so any tips would be great. Thanks all

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Hey again dogswig:-) If you're talking about Panormos studios at Panormos beach.. I don't think you'll have any issues;-) I personally haven't stayed at these particular studios, but you can't beat locale right on the beach.. as well as an array of cafes/snack shops and tavernas right on the beach!

You'll note the 3 tavernas that are sandwiched together smack on the beach. I'm usually at Asterias.. the last one on the left looking out to the magnificent Sea ~ sigh! You can eat well with a few apps.. or mail meal.. glass or 2 of wine and keep it at around 25E or 2:-) Since you're staying at s/c, you'll find 2 mini-markets in Panormos as well.. you won't go hungry and you won't go bust either;-) Again, am assuming you mean the place in Panormos;-) Have a blast.. and EnjOY!

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

hi Litsa

No its not those one unfortunately..

its this place

http://www.skopelosweb.gr/panorama/

The view looks lovely and as my chap and i like to be out walking etc I suppose it doesnt matter that much. I emailed loads of studios and the proprietor got back to me first (sods law a few days later I received loads of emails from other places but I have sort of committed myself now) . As we r on a tight budget - ie: cant really afford a holiday but doing it anyway:) we r going a round about way based on the cheapest flights we could get... so we are flying to thessaloniki - staying one night, then bus to volos then ferry to skopelos. I hope! Bit worried we might not be able to get back to volos on a ferry as i cant find any listed.. but all in for flights, tranfers and apartment it is costing us £261(each ) for two weeks. Fingers crossed the weather holds up...its pouring down with rain here in london - typical british summer :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Hey again dogswig:-) The property looks wonderful with great views.. but be aware you'll need a moped or car hire to get around from there;-) You'll find a bunch of them on the main road as you enter Skopelos Town just a bit before the waterfront! As far as getting to Volos, although I love Salonika and think it would make for a great couple of days, if you're looking to get to Skopelos, would grab a bus to Volos that same arrival evening.. the ferries over are usually morning ones;-) Keep us posted.. keep Enjoyin'!

Skopelos, Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Hi dogswig - the location looks terrific. You'll be high above the sea a little outside of town. You might need a car or better take a taxi to Panorama Studios when you arrive if the owner doesn't meet you at the port.

I'd say that the port area is about a fifteen minute walk from where you will be. If you take a taxi it will take you the long way, via the peripheral road, and it will seem that your place is a long way from the port. It isn't.

Certainly you can walk to the port if you want by first walking uphill and then down to the port. By walking downhill from Panorama dine at one of the best, unsung taverna's on Skopelos, "Stella's". She serves lunch and dinner. Just beyond Stella's is a nice beach called Glyfoneri or Agios Konstantinos.

I'd say that the port area is about a fifteen minute walk from where you will be. On the way you might wish to eat at "Anatoli" at the top of the Kastro. It's an ouzeri which serves small portions of food with drink. Usually there is a performance of acoustic Greek music by the owner and his friends.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Thanks guys. Will definitely check out stellas and anatoli. any ideas on how much it is to hire a wee boat. nothing fancy. :)

Skopelos, Greece
Level Contributor
141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

dogswig - from 06 September one company is renting boats with 15hp outboards for €49 a day.

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

thanks tommy d. That sounds reasonable. I have been checking out places to eat etc and on our teeny budget i think we will have to do a lot of self catering but thats fine. When I was in parga i used to take a big plastic water bottle to a little local store and they would fill it with wine straight from the barrel :) It was actually quite quaffable. Is this an option in skopelos and also any rough ideas on the price of groceries? For eating out i have read that fish can be an expensive option which is a shame as i love fish. I think in parga there were grilled sardines (or whitebait possibly) which were lovely and quite cheap. Sorry for all the questions! I must sound really tight with money :) its just I work freelance and work has been a bit scarce of late so probably not the best time to be going on holiday but need the break. am so excited!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

..You'll most certainly find 'sardelles'.. gavros.. small fried up fish.. pretty economical at around 5-7E;-) I also enjoy feasting on grilled octopus! If you find yourselves on the beautiful beach of Panormos, head to Asterias taverna right on the water.. the owner there, Kostas, cooks up a great batch;-)

As far as siphining wine into empty coke bottles, remember it well..lol!! If you go to Asterias, Kostas should have the wine barrels right there in his taverna in the back (from the waterfront).. I remember the stomping of the grapes a couple of years ago.. he said it woud be ready for 2012.. Can't wait to try it myself;-) There also use to be a place in Elios we use to go.. it's the tiny market on the way to the beach.. he use to sell his own white wine there.. he may have had red, but at the time, I was drinking only white;-)

Doubt you'll miss 'Platanos Square'.. right behind Kohili bakery on the waterfront.. you'll find wonderful economical gyros, souvlakia there;-) Just look for the beautiful tree surrounded by tables/chairs.. and wonderful aromas coming from the various vendors;-) You certainly won't have to break the bank to eat well.. and Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

Octopus... my favourite! Years ago (in my early twenties) my then boyfriend and I lived on a lot of the greek islands (for a few seasons). We used to be hippy types and sit on the pavements in the evenings selling our home made jewelry to the "tourists" - ha ha. We also worked on a Greek fishing boat and I remember bashing the octopus on the rocks to tenderise it - then taking all the fish to the local market. We were living in the bowel (?) of the boat and I have to be up with all the fisherman at the crack of dawn when we set off to cast the nets - they wouldnt let me sleep in as they thought it was bad luck to have a woman sleeping on the boat and wouldnt bring a good catch. Whether that was true or they just thought I was a lazy sod - I dont know.

Ill definitely head to costas and enquire about his wine. Im a white drinker these days though it used to be red. Thanks Litsa for all your great tips. I transferred my deposit for the apartment today and flights all booked so now all i have to do is try and get my flabby london bod in shape (that or buy a couple of sarongs!) Might see you out there! Thanks again, Ali

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: has anyone been to the panorama studios in skopelos?

..you've certainly had some interesting experience Ali;-) I ended up spending a couple of nights 'down under' in a fishing boat one year when there were no accommodations available during peak Aug 15th holiday on a friend's fishing boat in Loutraki.. his father owned it and a friend and I ended up there for a couple of nights.. it was a trip;-)

When you head to Asterias, just ask Kostas where Litsa is;-) Chances are I'll be in the water.. or sitting on the pebbles with feet in water and glass of some of that home-made wine in hand;-) Enjoyin'!