We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

Calgary
4 posts
Save Topic
Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

We would love to visit both Skopelos and Santorini next May (2012) - maybe a week in each.

I see it is (or has been) possible to travel by direct ferry between the two, but is this only in the high season?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

Hey and welcome KentishMaidCalagary:-) You've picked 2 wonderful isles..and indeed make a great combo..unfortunately, the direct run has been out of commish for a number of years now! I remember doing this on the GA Ferries in May back in 2007 I think?;-) It operated twice weekly in season if I remember correctly with the vessel departing Santorini in the early evening..arriving Skopelos bright and early following morning around 6a! I, too, wish they would re-instate the run..who knows what will happen till next year?;-) It's a bit too early, but you can keep an eye on www.aegeanair.com/ www.olympicair.com/ ..as painlessly as possible, would be to fly Santorini/Athens..then Athens/Skiathos (try and arrange a flight that comes close for connection to the one www.olympicair.com/ that's offered for the Athens/Skiathos flight)..then you can ferry accross to Skopelos from there..it can take as little at 15 min to get to Loutraki on Skopelos:-) There is also the bus/ferry combo from Athens to Skopleos via www.alkyontravel.gr/ EnjoY!

Calgary
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

Thanks, Litsa.

It would be great if it was reinstated but I'm not sure about leaving the accommodation bookings until April (I believe that's when they publish the ferry timetable) if we're setting off in May.

In the absence of that direct run, we've decided to fly Skiathos->Skopelos then back to the mainland, to spend time in Meteora, hopefully via the Volos ferry rather than flying back to Athens.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

My pleasure..and sounds like a wonderful plan..especially the end part ferrying to Volos for Meteora;-) Keep us posted..keep enjoyin'!

4. Re: Skopelos - Santorini. Direct Ferry in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos