We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Which Skopelos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Greeting's All! Gia sas!

My wifes 50th coming up,last year was mine,surprise to Larissa for Easter,Paris,to wine and dine,Munich,for Bier and Hauxenbauer,and surprise to Cairo for my wife to see the Pyramid's!

.Litsa it WAS WILD and Spectacular!!

We did not have time for our island's,thinking of going for 3 weeks,in Sept. for my wife's present!

Which of these airports would be better to fly in to, to get to Skopelos?Or is there really that much of a difference,time travel wise,to get to Skopelos?We,2 of us would be flying from Toronto,so it would be about $200-$300 dollars more to get to SKG,Salonica than it would to fly to Athen's,from Toronto.How,(ferry,plane?)and what would travel time be from either of these airports to Skopelos?

Many question's to be asked,

Thank's,and regard's

mamasboy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Hey and welcome back Mamasboy:-) Guess we'll all be there in Sept..lol!! Bottom line, don't bother w/Salonika if you're looking for an easier route to Skopelos..it's a magnificent City which I personally love..but no easier to get to the Sporades since you'd need to work your way down to Volos then board a ferry from there (if you haven't been to Volos though, you may want to consider it and spend a night there..it's a great Town;-) There use to be service direct from Salonika via ferry but it hasn't been re-instated in a while now..who knows about this year..it would be great if they did albeit it's a long haul..takes about 4-5 hours if I remember correctly! There also use to be a seasonal flight on OA in the day from SKG to Skiathos!

It's a piece of cake getting to Skopelos from Athens via the bus/ferry combo (usually twice daily) from www.alkyontravel.gr/ via Aghios Constantinos! The bus departures from Athens are timed to hook up w/the ferry so pretty convenient;-)

Side note here..trust you went inside the Pyramid and took the awesome run up to the top?;) Enjoy!

Edited: 12:20 pm, February 27, 2011
Toronto
Level Contributor
348 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Litsa,a pleasure ! Spent a day in Volos,Makrinitsa,? i think ,up the hill,at a cafe??.Lovely place,,Went up to Florina,Psarades all up through there.Awesome trip,all in all,and Easter,unbelievable!!

if you don't mind,I will pm you a little later today.

thank's,regard's

mamasboy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Hey again..and check your PM;-) Don't forget to take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ You've got loads of choices for Sept..the best time! Enjoyin'!

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Can smebody temme ,how can i travel (by trains or buses )from athens airport to platania ?

Dubai, United Arab...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

how can i travel from athens airport (by trains or buses ) to veroia ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

Hey and welcome binoy a:-) Know it's not easy being new here;-) Would be best if you started a new post for better exposure.. this is an old post and chances are won't attract those in the know in ref to your query! Nonetheless, getting to Veroia from Salonika is a piece of cake.. there are numerous buses daily.. run takes about 1-1.5 hours! Enjoy!

7. Re: Skopelos from,ATH.Athens airport, or SKG,Salonika airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, December 15, 2013