We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos

I’m flying out to Skiathos on Wednesday 1st July and return on the 15th. I’m finding the booking of the boat transfer to Skopelos very confusing! Would I be fine just turning up at the ferry terminal without tickets? Also, if I book tickets online and I’m late or early will they still accept the tickets?

I return on the Wednesday 15th and the noon ferry would be perfect. It’d be great if someone could let me know who operates this ferry.

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos

If you are looking at the www.gtp.gr website and you click on 'more information' alongside the ferry you want it will give you the operator. Would guess its the Speedcat - www.speedcat.gr. We caught the 12 noon last Friday back to Skiathos - arrived 12-50 (despite desk clerk telling us it only took 30-35 minutes!). Hopped in one of the taxis waiting at port and arrived airport 1-00pm.

If its one of the larger ferries then you are fine booking on arrival in Skiathos - two different offices just close to each other opposite the port. Hellenic the main operator (Express Skiathos ferry etc) and then the old GA Ferries office is selling the Hellas Speedcat tickets. Both have timetables ourside. Print out a timetable before you go in case of flight delays.

Book your return ticket as soon as possible after arrival in Skopelos. That noon return is going to be very popular with the folks who dont want the early morning Dolphin ride. Having said that the Speedcat is a fairly big vessel and, although there looked to be quite a crown on the quay to board, there was loads of room.

Have no experience of booking on line beforehand - would not think it necessary.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,377 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos

Sorry - that should be a crowd on the quay !

Just remembered, someone in the ferry office was changing a ticket and was charged for it.

In Skopelos the Hellenic office is opp the port and the GA Office (selling Speedcat tickets) is around to your right towards the blue and white municipal building.

You will be fine - Skiathos is only a small port - and just ask if you get stuck.

3. Re: Transfer from Skiathos to Skopelos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos