We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos and skiathos hotels

london
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Hello,

I've been reading loads in the forums on Skiathos and Skopelos and I think a week split on both islands in nice hotels would be ideal.

Does anyone know if there are any agents who can arrange a package deal for this, or should I book flights and hotels separately myself on line?

Also the next big question is which hotel on Skiathos is at least 4 star and in a lovely location, we like to try different tavernas and have a bottle of wine in the evening so it would be nice to only have to walk back to the hotel!

On Skopelos I'm trying to decide between Skopelos Village or Dionyssos because of their close location to town. Ideally Adrina looks fab but i'm concerned that it may be a problem getting back in a cab from town at night? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skopelos Village
Skopelos Village
396 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Hotel Dionyssos
Hotel Dionyssos
149 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Adrina Resort & Spa
Adrina Resort & Spa
354 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Desford, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Its easy enough to book yourself although finding availability on charter flights to Skiathos should be your first step. Not sure when you are travelling but many flights are already full.

We always stay at the Magic Hotel on Skiathos (www.magic-hotel.com). They only take direct bookings, you will lots of excellent reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor.

Can't comment on hotels on Skopelos because we have always rented houses. I'm sure others on the forum will give you recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Sounds wonderful:) Keep in mind that Skopelos is at least twice the size (if not more) than Skiathos so a car rental works well here for taking in the isle's various villages/beaches..If you do stay in Town, the busses also work well to get you from one place to another..We usually stay in smaller efficiency type accommodations here so can't help much in Skiathos but am sure the wonderful local contributors will kick in..As far as Skopelos is concerned, both Skopelos Village and Dionyssos are in Town..Village to waterfront old-harborside where a small beach is (but no one really goes there due to the major choices available) and Dionyssos is internal and not far from the main harbor..It really depends on 'how' you want to spend your week here..if it's more for beaching/sun, the Adrina would be ideal..located next to Panormos which you can easily walk down to for a dinner on the beach waterfront with a choice of tavernas and even a restaurant (Blo! - that's the name..lol)..Panormos is in the middle (approx) of the isle..from Skopelos Town, busses take about half an hour..a car will take you anywhere from 15-20 min..cabbies do it in about 10!! You won't have a problem finding a cab..they're usually parked by the bus stop in Town and a good idea is get a card (they all have them with their cell numbers) from a couple of them to call when needed! If you're more into nightlife and being around cafes/shopping, etc..then Skopelos Town would be a good place to stay for the week! Don't know when you're going but Skopelos, in general, doesn't really get that mobbed..except for maybe August..starts filtering down around the 25th or so:) Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skopelos Village
Skopelos Village
396 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Hotel Dionyssos
Hotel Dionyssos
149 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Adrina Resort & Spa
Adrina Resort & Spa
354 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Panormos
Panormos
Skopelos, Greece
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Skopelos Village has an upmarket feel to it, modern spacious apartments - had a look around although not stayed there. They were also building apartments for sale there. Very nice spot - you can watch the ferries coming in. About 10 minute walk (flat) to harbour front Sure someone can help with Dionyssos.

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Village
Skopelos Village
396 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Hello again,

Thank you all for your tips and advice! re. skopelos would you say that Adrina is a more upmarket hotel than Dionyssos? Because we would like a bit of luxury! Or does anyone know of an equally lovely hotel,in a beautiful location a little nearer to town?

Thanks again

Mentioned in this post
Adrina Resort & Spa
Adrina Resort & Spa
354 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Hotel Dionyssos
Hotel Dionyssos
149 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

By the way I forgot to say, we are going towards the end of May, I hope we have good weather!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,285 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Skopelos has strict building regs and the town has more apartments/houses for rent rather than lots of hotels .

It all depends on whether you want to stay in town or not -. By the way if you have the choice its probably better to have the first week on Skopelos and the second on Skiathos - purely because of getting to the airport on departure day. Cant help with the weather I am afraid !!

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Skiathos
Skiathos
Sporades, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Very true..and how wonderful..Yes, you will NOT find any mass 'blocks' of hotels here..Thankfully, most are smaller and there is no 'blocking' of views here with massive construction..Check out www.lithanemon.gr/ It's a fantastic newer property in Agnondas which is definetely closer..maybe 5-10 min driving but is much quieter..no nightlife here to speak of except for 3/4 tavernas and a cafe/snack bar, mini market..about it! Very quaint and traditional fishing village..Absolutely lovely though! Adrina is definetely a step'up' from Dionyssos..locationwise, it's got it's own beach and built into the mountain so every room has a view!

End of May should be wonderful..we should be there about the same time! Temps are well into 80sF by day when sun is out(sorry, still can't figure out C!)..early mornings/evenings quick cool down when the sun sets so sweaters a good thing to have handy! Great for lying on the beach/tanning..waters still cool for sure..but you will find many taking the 'plunge' including me:-) Keep Enjoyin'!

Mentioned in this post
Agnondas Beach
Agnondas Beach
263 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Adrina Resort & Spa
Adrina Resort & Spa
354 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
Hotel Dionyssos
Hotel Dionyssos
149 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
london
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Hi again,

Wanted to thank you for your help and tell you there's been a change of plan.

After getting very excited about island hopping and hiring a scooter to explore the beaches - we know now it will have to wait. My daughter and 8 month old baby want to come! I've been trying to adapt my plans but to do this to suit them would be a totally different holiday, so i'm thinking I should save it for another year now, so dissapointed!

One of the reasons I wanted to go this year was because of the Mamma Mia movie released here in July - I wanted to visit skopelos before everyone found out about it, Do you think it will change anything here?

London, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

Hi

I really hope not but expect for a while it will be busier. I can only hope that the fact you have to get a boat to reach Skoplelos will still put some people off! Skopelos really is a beautiful place and a secret I try not to share with too many people! Why not come and stay just in Skopelos rather than island hopping. We have been coming to Skopelos and staying at the Dionyssos since my kids were tiny. You could always do trips out to visit the other islands if you wanted. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Hotel Dionyssos
Hotel Dionyssos
149 Reviews
Skopelos, Greece
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skopelos and skiathos hotels

The movie is also scheduled for a July 18 release here in the States..makes one wonder after scouting so many isles, they chose the Sporades.. filming mainly on Skopelos! ..The entire isle felt like a 'move set' last Sept when we were there and although it's not a popular isle by any means here in the States, am sure it will stir many a desires for a visit, similar to what 'Summer's Lovers' provided back in the early 80's for Santorini! I agree getting to it may be one of the reasons it's managed to stay off the radar for so long:-) Enjoy all!

Mentioned in this post
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece