We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Ljubljana
4 posts
2 reviews
Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Hi friends!

In a couple of weeks my girlfriend and I are heading off to Skopelos for a fortnight ... holidays at last!!! Anyway - it is our first time on Skopelos, so we wonder whether there are any nice (preferably remote) nudist beaches on the island?

We'll be travelling by car, so the access should not be a problem (where there is a road) ;)

Are there any cultural reservations agains wearing the Adam'n'Eve's costumes? ;)

We'll be staying at Limnonari beach - it looks gorgeous from the web site. We also very much like to be treated with home-made local delicacies!!! Any recommendations on simple home-cooking locations? Any experiences with the Limnonari beach taverns?

Thanks a lot for the info!!! :)

Bud

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Greetings Buddad69 and welcome:) Skopelos is blessed with MANY wonderful littles coves all around the isle...although totally 'in the buff' swimming is not popular on the major beaches, say Panormos, Mylies, Elios, etc..as there are familys around (although everywhere you will find topless/thong - 'practically' in the buff..lol!!) .you will find many 'private' areas especially in Stafylos and Elios all the way at the end of the beaches by the rocks where people enjoy total nature:) You'll pretty much find this on most of the beaches.. If you rent a small boat for the day you'll find loads of places to 'park' and enjoy! Limnonari is a wonderful small, secluded area with fabulous swimminig...you're close to Agnontas, one of my fav spots for a taverna 'meze' dinner watching the sunset:) Suggest you read the Skopelos Forum (as well as the Sporades Forum) for lots more info on the isle:) A great bakery (go early, goodies hot out of the ovens!) is Kohili Bakery in SkopelosTown...can't miss it...right on the waterfront in front of the pier where the boats come/go:) You'll love this isle...it's incredible! Enjoy!

Ljubljana
4 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

WOW! Thank you Litsa for the prompt answer and great tips! Will go to the bakery to tickle those taste buds! ;)

I have not thought about renting a boat yet, but it seems like a great idea - I hope the currents are not too strong so that I end up writing a new Iliade ;)) Do you even have any suggestions about renting a small boat? Or I should better ask Mr. Lemonis at the Limnonari place about that , shouldn't I ...

Thanks again!

Bud

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

You'll most likely be writting your own 'Odyssey' after visiting this incredible isle...lol!! ...and don't worry about 'swept away' (at least by the little boat rental - everything else, yes:) .... you're just going around the isle relatively close to the shore..we're talking about a little 'putt-putt' here with a small engine in the back that even I can operate..nothing big..holds up to 4 maybe...and rentals are popular...The one I know of is at Panormos...Just sit at one of the cafes/taverna on the beach and ask for 'Gianni', the rental owner...he's always floating around there somewhere:) You can, of course, get it from Lemonis...you'll see his name everywhere..Think he must own half the isle..lol! ..... Keep Enjoyin'!

Ljubljana
4 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Thank you, Litsa! Regards to the NYC! (The greatest city in the world in my experience - though totally different from the Skopelos paradise...) Life is great!

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Hi

I am travelling to Skopelos for the first two weeks of September and a search for nudist beaches has thown up Veliano Beach which is at the end of Stafilos beach, I am told yo ugo over the small headland at the end of Stafilos beach, along Veliano beach and over the large rock to the nudist area.

I intend to try it when I am there

Hope this helps

Mike

london
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

yep, Velianos is a nudist beach, head to the end of staphylos beach, go over a little headland path, the first part of the beach has umbrellas and loungers to hire, this bit isn't nudy, walk to some big rocks and after this point.... enjoy the freedom.

If you find a quiet cove though, and wander along paths to smaller inlets and harder to get to bays, you can be nudy there too.

Ljubljana
4 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

Thanks for all the tips, guyz! Btw: Has anybody ever hired a small tuk-tuk boat? Any rates and good experiences? :)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

I call 'em little putt-putts...lol! Believe we're talking about the same thing:) A small engine in the back with a capacity of maybe 4 people?! .... Can be had for approx 70E for the day..the fuel is extra.. you pay for what you use (how they figure that out is anyone's guess..lol!) ... You can most likely cut a deal for a morning or afternoon (say 3-4 hours rental as well)... On Panormos, if you ask Kostas at Asterias Taverna (on the beach:) where 'Gianni (John) is...he'll point you in the right direction....Keep Enjoyin'!

9. Re: Skopelos Nudist Beaches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 03, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos