We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

Devizes, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

Warning- Stay well clear of Dream cars. Given car -only one left-that was not fit for purpose; broke down within 15km of hiring it. Owner first tried to blame my "big feet" and then said I was not used to driving manual cars-I pointed out that I had been driving for 40 years with no problem with manual cars! Indeed I have hired cars all over the world including Greece with no problem. Hired the car for 3 days and owner refused to refund any money although it had packed up within 15 km; family of 5, with 3 children, had to leave car at roadside and walk 3 km to nearest town to wait for the bus. Owner refused to refund any money - 170 euros; I have written to various authorities in Skopelos and am awaiting replies.....not holding my breath....

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Skopelos Town
Skopelos Town
Skopelos, Greece
5 replies to this topic
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
10 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

That's an interesting story.

We have been hiring cars for the past 3 years from Nikos at Dream Cars in Loutraki and absolutely no problems at all.

He drops off and picks up from your Hotel, and as a repeat customer we got a 5 euro a day discount unasked as well.

Last car we hired was a small Hyundai i10 and it did the trick between Glossa and Panormos. Have also hired a Fiat Panda from there and both cars in great condition.

We always email ahead and book the car, which may help in getting a better vehicle.

Mentioned in this post
Loutraki
Loutraki
Corinthia Region, Greece
Glossa
Glossa
Skopelos, Greece
Panormos
Panormos
Skopelos, Greece
Devizes, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

Very glad to hear that there are good news stories from Dream Cars, but unfortunately does not alter our experience.

The person who hired us the "Nightmare" car was a lady and she had her picture up on the wall, a certificate from the Greek Tourist Authority. She may be Nikos's wife?

Have had no reply from any of the Greek authorities I have written to.....

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
10 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

No it doesn't alter your experience which sounds ghastly.

We have only dealt with Nikos who brings the car to/from hotel so have not dealt with anyone else.

Would be interesting to see if there are any other bad/good stories.

Devizes, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

Yes I would be very interested to know as well.

English/Welsh border
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)

We used them a few years back and they were absolutely fine. Just thinking, if you paid with credit card, try claiming your money back from the card company.

Reply to: Car hire from Loutraki (port for Glossa, Skopelos)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted