We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A month in Skopelos!

Beersheba, Israel
12 posts
A month in Skopelos!

I'll be spending a month in Skopelos from September 16th.

For a long time I've wanted to find the time and destination for an extended visit to a single destination as opposed to heavy duty traveling:).

I've never been to Greece but after a bit of research decided that Skopelos would fit my mindset.

So, I'd love to hear some suggestions regarding your favorite Skopelos restaurants, tavernas, hiking trails etc.

I'll be staying relatively close to Skopelos town (10-15 minute walk UP the hill).

I'll be traveling solo and look forward to a lot quiet, relaxation and just..."being"...

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Dani

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Hi Dani

You will certainly be enjoying life as a 'Skopelot' as the season winds down

Just to the right of this page >>>>>>>

There are two articles in the 'Top questions about Skopelos' suggest you have a look at them as they may give you some pointers ...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
53 reviews
2. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Our favorite place in Skopelos is Panormos Beach. Smooth pebbles, clear waters and some great tavernas right on the beach. Enjoy! A month sounds wonderful.

Karen

Beersheba, Israel
12 posts
3. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Thanks for the reply and pointing out those links! Plenty of good information there.

Is it safe to assume that there will be plenty of available and affordable accommodation late September?

For now I have 2 tentative reservations. 1 is for the entire month - above the town (as I mentioned), the other is just for the first week and it is right in the heart of town. I'm considering just holding on to the first week reservation and that way I'll explore a bit and have more of an idea where I want to stay for the following few weeks, I travel light (camera bag and 32 liter backpack) so changing locations is not a problem.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
147 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Hi, we are also thinking of spending a month on Skopelos this september into october but we are struggling to find out the best way to get there from LGW as we intend to return the middle of October and it seems a bit difficult to get a flight back, we are struggling to find out which route would be best. Dani have you booked your trip up now? or will you be finding accommodation whilst you are there? Does anyone know of somewhere in or near Skopelos town suitable for a couple for a month. We think we would like a place with cooking facilities as we don't want to eat out every day for a month. Found some lovely places but a bit over our budget. Any advice would be appreciated. Is it easy enough to cycle on the island. Any advice would be most appreciated/

Beersheba, Israel
12 posts
5. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Hi - My flights are booked. Flying into and out of Skiathos (Via Athens) and ferry to Skopelos.

As far as accommodation I decided to just book for the first week. That will give me time to explore a bit and decide where and how I want to spend the rest of the month.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
53 reviews
6. Re: A month in Skopelos!

There is a great spot in Panormos..... right on the beach. Look for a place callled Ta Kymata. Small places with kitchenette.... not fancy for sure... and not sure if it will be open at your time, but well worth checking into. We spent a week there a few years ago and loved it.... no road between you and the sea..... blissfully quiet one June when we were there.

Karen

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
89 reviews
7. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Have a look at Del Sol also known as Takis and Sophie apartments ..just email and Sophie replies very quickly, very reasonable rates and she has single rooms as well.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
8,201 posts
67 reviews
8. Re: A month in Skopelos!

@Scrumpy -The last flight returning direct to the UK is on Sunday 8th October to LGW/MAN. After that you will need to go back via Athens. There is a daily flight Skiathos to Athens, until the end of October with either Olympic Air or Sky Express ...

St. Albans, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: A month in Skopelos!

Best to book somewhere for a few days and then decide, should be cheaper to stay most places at that time of year. Pension Sotos is a wonderful place to stay and vey welcoming. No more than 30E a night, sometimes less! It is right on the harbour front.

10. Re: A month in Skopelos!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, September 26, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Skopelos