We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos = Honeymoon???

San Francisco, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Skiathos = Honeymoon???

My fiance and I are planing to vist Skiathos for our honeymoon in May. I have never been there before, but after reading everyones replys it looks like it might be a great place to go.

We have the choice of staying at one of these places: Fiorella, Galini, Aria, Palmyra or Esperides. Anyone stayed at one of these places?

Anything that we absolutely have to do while we are there? Any suggestions or comments are highly recommenden.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

Greetings, congratulations and welcome to the Forum janniejus..IMO you've picked a wonderful destination for a honeymoon (not that well known of or travelled by Americans) and trust you will fully enjoy it...although my last stay there in June involved accommodations at more or less a 'studio' type property w/kitchenette, I am not at all well informed on these properties to help but am sure some wonderful contributors here who know this isle very well will gladly jump in...I pass through here yearly on my way to neighboring Skopelos which I highly reccommend you do as well as Alonissos...these 3 isles are extremely close and manageable to take on for a day together but doing each one individually would be best....the isle of Skiathos is extremely manageable as well w/1 major road running from the main harbor Town to the end at Kouounaries taking about half an hour...you will have no problems in May as it is still beautifully quiet and no beach crowds....the local bus that runs this route is coastal so you'll see many of the wonderful beaches en route...do stop at Vromolimnos...a favorite of many for reasons you'll soon discover on your own...weather can still be cool especially early May but warms up quickly as the month progresses...evenings always on the cool side so bring a sweater...the water will still be on the chilly side but never stopped me for a dunk! You will fall in love with this isle...great choice :) Enjoy!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

May is a great time to visit and see the spring flowers on Skiathos, Wild white lillies on the beaches at Vromlimnos, Koukounaries, Banana & Eleni. Wild crocus in the fields on the way to Asselinos, by the junction with Zorbathes valley.

Beautiful light and the aquamarine colours of the sea and the green of the Koukounaries pine trees. The sea will be chilly but you may be lucky.

Book the honeymooners table at the Windmill restaurant in Skiathos town for a great meal in a stunning location with amazing views. Alternatively La Scuna is a great place to dine on the waterfront on the road to the other windmill/club strip and fee the fish below your table.

Sit by the statue of Odysees by the Bourtzi and watch the comings and goings in the old harbour. The morning light on the town is wonderfull especially from the marble rocks at Plakes or from the steps below the Orsa hotel.

Do go round the island on the Thimos if you can (Blue boat with dolphin on the bows). Yannis is a San Francisco/Skiathiteand a great guy, he even may be persuaded to leave you on a secluded beach for the day. Tsougria and Arkos are well worth a visit, and part of the day trip,

Go to Allonisos and Skopolos on the Kassandra Delphinious and make sure you have the camera ready between the islands of Skopolos and Allonisos as you will see Dolphins. Go to the old town (Chora) at Allonisos on the bus, walk through the childrens play area to the taverna, take a seat and enjoy one of the most stunning views down to the beach whilst your senses go into overload with the fragrance of wild thyme, lavender and rosemary on the sea breeze from the valley below.

Now where did you say you were staying ?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

....I rest my case! Welcome back, SkiathosLover:) Enjoy!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,469 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

Litsa

Nice to hear from you - Happy holidays !

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

Hello janniejus

and merry Christmas from Skiathos. Skiathos is a great destination to visit for your honeymoon and you have certainly made a good choice. As for staying in Skiathos you may want to check out weddings.kanapitsa.com, that offers some good honeymoon tips for organizing a great honeymoon in Skiathos.

Now what to do? Plenty!!

These guys offer some interesting suggestions that I tend to agree

Kanapitsa Mare to stay, romantic dinner on the beach of Kanapitsa, private boat tour of secluded beaches, romantic dinner at platanos restaurant in the Profitis ilias hill with fantastic view of Skiathos town, Lunch at Kechria beach inteh north of Skiathos

and much more

Let me know if you need more information

I can suggest some additional great things to do

6. Re: Skiathos = Honeymoon???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos