We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oliveland Restaurent

derbyshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Oliveland Restaurent

Is it possible to walk to Oliveland and where do you turn off the main road to get to it!

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

It possible to walk anywhere ,the question is would you want to when you're all dressed up for an evening out. I've looked at it on the map and would suggest its probably best to get a taxi but I am sure there will be people who will know better than me.

Last September on the one rainy day we had, we decided to go for a walk up a little road off the main rd and believe me it was hard!!! I was trying to get to a small chapel ,we didn't make it!!!!!

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

It's high up in the hills hence the magnificent views so you might need your walking shoes then hold back on the alcohol with your meal in preparation for the return downhill :))

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

It is possible. My son and his girlfriend were staying in Achladies a couple of years ago. They said they walked through the grounds of the hotel/apartments at the bend near bus stop 10. They said it was a steep walk and the staff at oliveland gave them a free drink. Can't remember name of hotel will try and find out. You will need a torch for the walk back down!

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

I think it's the Belvedere...

Durham
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

If you are coming from the town there's a turn off between bus stop 8 and 9 which leads steeply up hill.

It may be signposted there along with Paradise Hotel and a monastery.

It is a long pretty steep walk on tarmac, eventually, I'd say after 800 to1000 metres, it levels off and the road bears round to the right.

At this point you need to turn left. There are a few houses which you walk towards then the tarmac road turns into a dirt track.

There are the oddf ew signs for the restaurant and it's only a 6 or 7 minute walk from there.

The views and ambience are great.

I have read that if you get yourself along to one of those bus stops and ring the restaurant they will come down and pick you up.

Would I walk it ?

Absolutely Not.

Edited: 3:15 am, February 19, 2014
Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

But if you're dead set on walking - have a look at their website - they have marked the routes. The one Gary is talking about and the one through the Belvedere.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

Hi Rach,

Your post made check out their website and low and behold My good lady and myself are on photo 2 in their gallery !

Good Lady is in red, I'm in brown stripes. The couple we are talking to are friends from the Paradise Hotel and the table of four behind us are friends too.

We will be visiting this restaurant this year with our daughter.

Gary

derbyshire
Level Contributor
95 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

thank you everybody,taxi it is then!

Manchester,
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

Oliveland is on our to do list for this June maybe for my special birthday if I can drag hubby away from the world cup. After my sons description of the walk I think it'll be by taxi too. Off for another look at the website to spot Gary ;-)

10. Re: Oliveland Restaurent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 21, 2015