We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

Romania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

Hi

Please someone tell me which of the two is better?

We are going to be in Skiathos starting from 20th of august and found a few offers for tha two hotels: Astoria and Mandraki Village. Prices are almost the same, and on the net they both look decent and nice. Has anyone been there and can tell me inside infos?

Thank you all.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

I wish I could help you on this but am not familiar with either property...am sure someone will jump in here that has personal experience....Just want to tell you that you have picked a spectacular isle and suggest visiting Vromolimnos while there for a fabulous day on the beach! Enjoy!

Romania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

Thank you Litsa for your advice and be sure I will take it.

cluj
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

buna delia!

noi vom merge in skiathos in a doua jumatate a lunii iulie ; nu vom fi cazati la nici unul din hotelurile mentionate de tine, dar te voi putea ajuta cu alte informatii legate de insula.

numai bine!

roxi

cluj
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

buna delia!

noi vom merge in skiathos in a doua jumatate a lunii iulie ; nu vom fi cazati la nici unul din hotelurile mentionate de tine, dar te voi putea ajuta cu alte informatii legate de insula.

numai bine!

roxi

Romania
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

Buna roxi,

abia astept impresiile voastre. In primul rand ma intereseaza hotelul la care ati stat, conditiile si apoi cam care sunt distractiile...cat mai multe detalii.

distractie placuta, oricum!

High Peak...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

Hi Delianecula,

We returned two weeks ago from the Mandraki Village Hotel. It is our second visit there, 2001 and July this year. The hotel has just been bought out by a new family, and is not quite as perfect as it used to be. The new owners are working very hard to improve this situation, and the staff are all very very friendly and helpful. All in all it is very good value for money and is an excellent location for the main beach, and only 25 minutes walk through the woods to the fabulous and quiet Mandraki beach. I would recommend this hotel.

I have no experience of the other hotel mentioned. Hope this helps.

Shedman

7. Re: Mandraki village or Astoria Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos