We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

That time of Year again

Upton, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
That time of Year again

The Summer season is now over,and our favourite Island is closing down , SL1 will be growing his winter hair,and our Holiday is now just a memory..

It set me to think why I like this forum so much..

And here are my reasons

1) You can always rely on someone to help you with good informative advice,in answer to our many questions,that will make your holiday that much better...

2) Its lovely to read the trip reports,that those of you take the time to post and share...

3) And I love the friendly banter that passes amongst us,it brightens up a dull or down day.

So THANK YOU ALL for sharing.

:))

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: That time of Year again

Funny how things happen in life. In 1999 we booked our first holiday in Skiathos and I stumbled across a bulletin board. Because of the help and advice of other folk on there we really enjoyed our first trip and if course we've been back many times since. Some of us on that bulletin board did exactly what someone has suggested, we met up in the UK and had an evening together we, ate Greek food,laughed,joked and had a great time. Long lasting friendships were formed on these meetings and we are still.in touch with most of the folks we met up with.in fact we saw some in Skiathos a couple of months ago. We have something beautiful.in common, we love Skiathos. The bulletin board still exists but because there were problems this year a few folks started coming on here more. Long may our friendships continue, there is something quite special about skiathos friends.

Edited: 6:35 pm, October 04, 2013
halifax
Level Contributor
881 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: That time of Year again

Lovely message Subu 57 just back from our last weekend break in the UK and now will start the countdown to Skiathos I make it 234 sleeps from today so I will continue to read the forum to keep my spirits up over the winter months and hope to meet some of you on my next visit.

Please keep up the messages if you have a late break and keep us informed of any changes as I have started a diary note booklet so that I can try some new places and eateries next visit.

Thank you all for your input.

Sue

wigan
Level Contributor
846 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: That time of Year again

Thats a good idea Lancasterkebabman. It would be great to all meet up. You do realise that you would have to come down to Wigan as, of course, it,s the epicentre of the universe AND the Skiathos bulletin board;-) Oh and of course the home of the Super league champions, challenge cup winners and F A cup winners. Not bad for a little fishing village eh?

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: That time of Year again

We too have a couple of very good friends we met for the first time in Skiathos. We'd chatted on the Bulletin board & arranged to meet for the first time in 2008. We have been very good friends ever since & they are to be our witnesses when we get married in Skiathos next year.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: That time of Year again

My wife and I have never been to skiathos before. We have previously visited Zante, Crete , Rhodes and this summer had a wonderful 2 weeks on Kefalonia. Was recommended Skiathos by a friend who goes every year. We have booked for 2 weeks at the end of next June. We are both really looking forward to it and no doubt I will be asking you guys for help and advice over the coming months.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,700 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: That time of Year again

Welcome Neilaa, you'll get all the advice you need here.

I've been to the island 6 times and will spend the winter composing another list of "Must Visit" tavernas and restaurants.

When I come back next July I won't have visited a quarter of them and so will have to return yet again !

Yammas

Gary

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: That time of Year again

tirumasu,

You didn't mention the Galloways pie shops, and the cracking pub the Anvil that you've got in your town. Couldn't believe how cheap it was when I bought a round in there!

Never got round to sampling the kebabs though! ;)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,926 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: That time of Year again

<<little fishing village >> Is that fishing in the canal?

<<F A cup winners>> Don't remind me, the darkest moment of my time in Skiathos this year... (but not undeserved I have to admit)

;)

wigan
Level Contributor
846 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: That time of Year again

LKBman the Anvil is a temple at which I worship;-)) and there is not only Galloways but a whole plethora of pie shops of equal magnitude in Wigan, ( Almost as good as the Sea View in Skiathos;-))

Steve, even though I,m a fan of the oval ball game I,ve got to confess there was a tear in my eye when "little Wigan" beat the worlds richest club at wembley.

Leigh Gtr Mcr
Level Contributor
429 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: That time of Year again

Oh my giddy aunt!!!! tirumasu.......haven't you realised by now there is no finer establishment on the planet finer than the Seaview restaurant!!!!!!! Not even ye olde pie shoppes of Wigan!!!!!!!