We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

rushden, northants
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

we are due to fly with small planet airlines 16th august to skiathos and after reading lots of bad reviews are quite worried about flying with them. just wondered if any of the Friday 7.35am flights from Gatwick have had long delays or flight times changed last minute etc our travel company is Cosmos. Also on return flight we have to stop at Volos have read on other review that we have to get off the plane and wait for an hour to re fuel, been skiathos a few times with Thomson and never had to do this?? any feedback much appreciated.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Hi tebka,

We flew out on the 07:35 from Gatwick to Skiathos on the 28th June and returned last Friday (12th July) and everything went smoothly for us. Our holiday was booked through Monarch/Cosmos and like you we were a bit nervous with some of the horror stories on here. Luckily we had no real issues. We took off on time leaving Gatwick and actually landed slightly in Skiathos. Coming back we were slightly delayed by around 20 minutes, so we took off at about 14:20.

We too stopped at Volos to refuel, but this was very quick (around 30 minutes max) and we were able to stay on the plane. After speaking to the cabin crew, they explained that passengers could stay on the plane as long as they remain seated (but seatbelts must be off) and as long as there is a member of cabin crew by the emergency exits in the centre of the plane. Apparently these are EU regulations!

Anyway, as far as the airline goes we had no issues. The planes are fairly small and fairly old, but they were clean and tidy and did the job perfectly. The cabin crew were pleasant (especially on the return journey) so we would happily fly again. I'm sure you'll be fine!

Have a great holiday :)

rushden, northants
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Hi Mickey E

Thanks for taking time to reply, so pleased to hear that there is someone who hasn't had any problems with SPA! hopefully we will be saying the same next month. For once I'm pleased we are going from Gatwick as we did consider going from Birmingham and it seems they are having the majority of problems with SPA. I shall look forward a bit more to my holiday now and fingers crossed all should be well! Old and small planes I can live with (just about) but very long delays and being ferried by bus to a different airport I could live without! thanks again for your post it's good to read a positive review put my mind more at rest. Hope you enjoyed Skiathos :-)

Little Totham...
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

We too are on this flight and are concerned. We have a wedding to attend ;)

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Don't just book it...Thomas Cook it ;)

southsea
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

hello tebka, I am flying out to skiathos on the 9th august with small planet airlines, same time as your flight only a week earlier, from Gatwick. if I get a chance once we arrive I shall let you know how the flight goes ok.

Wormshill
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

We flew on 12th July on this flight and had no delays in boarding. We were about half an hour late taking off but this was due to 2 passengers who went awol! The return journey 2 weeks later showed a delay on the board at Skiathos and then we were unexpectedly told to board at the original time. We had to get off the plane at Volos and take our hand luggage with us. This didn't take long though and we were soon back on the plane and on our way. The plane was clean and the crew were great. I think, reading the reviews it seems that most of the issues are arising from planes taking off at other airports. Relax, have fun and enjoy your holiday, Skiathos is an amazing place!

rushden, northants
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Hi

Ah thanks for that be much appreciated! I'm trying not to worry just getting excited at going, hope you enjoy Skiathos it will be our third year there, its a fab place trying new hotel this year so fingers crossed all will be fine. Hope your flight goes smoothly and have a great time. Thanks for your reply

rushden, northants
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Thanks for your reply has put my mind at rest much appreciated! hope you had a great holiday will be our third year there so hopefully just as we remember! just can't wait now!!!!!!! thanks again nice to hear positive reviews of SPA very much welcomed after all the bad I have read!

southsea
Level Contributor
120 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

hi tebka, sorry I didn't get a chance to tell you our flight with small planet airlines turned out fine, much the same as happyshopper69 actually, 30 minutes late flying out but arrived on time and had to get out at volos on return but still got home at 1710. Been back a week and missing Skiathos, our 2nd time and wont be our last,ps hope you had good flights and a great holiday.

rushden, northants
Level Contributor
31 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cosmos flights from gatwick to skiathos

Hi Frattons,

Thanks for your reply, glad you had a good flight and holiday. We have just come home after 2 glorious weeks on Skiathos!! and like you missing it already. Have to say SPA didn't let us down at all, we left Gatwick about 20 mins behind schedule but due to good head wind arrived after just 2 hrs 50mins in JSI. We found SPA plane clean, spacious compared to others, cabin crew pleasant enough and overall a nice flying experience which after all the bad reviews was great! We to had to stop and get off at Volos which is bit of pain, left JSI on time but took around hour at Volos! We would have no problems flying with spa again. Thanks again for the information, looking forward to next year already!!