We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in skiathos

brighton.uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding in skiathos

Hi

Can anyone help me PLEASE, I am looking for a wedding planner in skiathos, I have previously looked on trip advisor and emailed someone called anastasia, but had no reply.

Is there anybody who can please advise me,

I wanted the ceremony on the boutzi and a reception in a classy beach or harbour waterfront terverna for about 20 people, with maybe garden space for kids to play

Any help will be extreamly appriciated

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in skiathos

Try www.iqeal.com/skiathos

There is a dedicated wedding section.

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in skiathos

Anastasia will reply, she's just busy at the moment as it's wedding season over there now, that is if you had her email address right (dixiebirdtravel@skt.forthnet.gr)! We also had contact with her but in the end decided to book through Olympic Holidays. I believe you can also use Thomsons.

The Olympic wedding website is very useful (http://www.olympicweddings.com), it has a lot of information in it. Just one thing, we booked ours 3 weeks ago & were told we would have a confirmed date in about a week, two at the most. Three weeks later we are still waiting & are not very happy about this, but that is a different issue.

Good luck.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in skiathos

Hi, I think Anastasia may have changed her email address, I'll try and find it for you.

We've booked through Ionian weddings and they've been very helpful!

Jenn

London
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in skiathos

I booked through Ionian Weddings too,Grace has been very helpful.

They do some good packages for 20 guests with receptions in a variety of places.

Cleckheaton, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in skiathos

Anastasia replied when I mailed her on the address above only a month ago!

Little Totham...
Level Contributor
148 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in skiathos

My daughter has just got married here the setting and wedding was perfect but no thanks to Ionian weddings and Anastasia 4 days later and several trips to skiathos town they are still waiting for the wedding certificate apparently the mayor wasn't there today when they went to sign it Simon the photographer was excellent with the best wedding photos I have ever seen

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in skiathos

If you need Anastasia. Call her, she always answers or call you back.

If the Mayor is out, he is working for Skiathos. That's his full time job, you cannot blame a tour company or anyone else. Like all of us here we wait for him to come back, and see him then.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in skiathos

good advice but not good business for Skiathos in terms of trust!

And would rather put people off which would lead to less revenue for Skiathos

Edited: 3:47 pm, August 26, 2013
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,474 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in skiathos

Lets be honest about things here, Anastasia is a very busy lady, making around 100 weddings and running a very successful travel agency. She is seldom sitting behind a desk, but when she is she works very hard indeed.

The Mayor is the legal entity, so has to sign the certificate. If he is not here, and at least once a week he is over on the mainland at the prefecture. Then we all have to wait. Thats the way it is ...

I have said here many times, if you want an answer to something quickly, then pick up the phone.

Both people are very busy, and do their very best, working for Skiathos. Its very unfair that they are singled out here on a public forum. That can give a jaundiced view, one that I feel needs to be addressed ...

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in skiathos

mattjack wrote ::: good advice but not good business for Skiathos in terms of trust!

And would rather put people off which would lead to less revenue for Skiathos :::

Is this not slightly exaggerated? Why would this put people off and where is the lack of trust? I have to say that this post has baffled me somewhat.

Apparently all went well with the wedding, pre-wedding legalities and they are pleased with the photographs which suggests happy people, they just await the return of the Mayor for the marriage certificate.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos