We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday eve having chinese meal later

essex
Level Contributor
657 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
holiday eve having chinese meal later

what do you like to eat day before holiday departure?

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Nothing, breakfast at the airport instead :)

See you soon ...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Fish and chips is the tradition in our house!

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Bit scared of having a takeaway the night before (just my luck to get an icky tummy!?)

Usually something really quick like a salad with feta (which I predictably always say, the next time I have feta will be in Greece!) as I'll no doubt be doing the last minute unpacking to check i've not missed anything routine!

Bon voyage :)

Edited: 11:22 am, June 13, 2013
Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

busteressex and all the June 14 Holiday Gang ... have a wonderful time in Skiathos, it will be quiet on here without you all, haha

essex
Level Contributor
657 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

cheers sure we will

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
963 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Would normally go out for dinner, but last year we stayed in a hotel in Manchester airport, due to the early flight to Mexico. It was fab, so decided to do the same this year, again, due to the early flight. So may have to treat ourselves.

Durham
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

It won't be much as we will go to bed early. The taxi arrives at 3 am and she who must be obeyed has to look her best so she'll be up early !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

We always stay at Crowne Plaza Manchester overnight for all our flights from Manchester and eat in the Sampans restaurant there which is lovely. Good deals on parking and a loyalty bonus which means we now get upgraded to a club room and all its benefits.

Enjoy your holidays

Hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
188 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Usually have an early morning flight and that means I'm running around like a headless chicken, ironing, packing, checking, checking again. Don't usually get time to eat, have been known to be painting my toe nails at 2am and leaving home at 3. Will try and be more organised this year as have the day off work. Think I'll cheat and get a takeaway.

Hope you have a great time and that the sun shines. Will be there myself in a couple of weeks.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: holiday eve having chinese meal later

Takeaways are banned in my house on the night before travel, several nights actually, some people I know didn't make their flight and one of them was hospitalised, rare I know but I won't take the risk my hols are too important :) anyway, I'd be fuuuuming

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos