We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your advice gratefully sought!

Level Contributor
66 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Your advice gratefully sought!

Hi all. I've been reading a lot about Skiathos here, and on other websites, and it sounds just what we're looking for. I have some questions though.

Firstly, is it very mountainous, and are the roads very steep - I'm a complete wimp and get really sick if there are steep drops!

Second, we would want to go mid-September, would like to stay somewhere relatively quiet but close to tavernas and a beach, and with public transport to the main town. We would ideally like a smallish hotel with a swimming pool and sea views. Does anyone know of anywhere they would recommend?

I'll probably have more questions later, but would love any information. Many thanks.

8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Your advice gratefully sought!

Hi Nannoo,

Skiathos is a beautiful Island, although it is hilly, you will be fine. Transport isn`t a problem as there is one road that runs the length of the island, and the bus service is good, it you fancy a bit of excitement you could always try a taxi!

Have a look at the Troulos Bay Hotel, although it hasn`t got a pool it is right on the beach, and the view is wonderful!

Troulos is about 20 mins from Skiathos town if you want more choice of bars ect. Hope this helps.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your advice gratefully sought!

Skiathos is hilly but not mountainous, so you won't have any problem. Mid - September is a fantastic season to visit Greek islands. Sea is till warm to enjoy it swimming, while it is not so crowded like mid August.

I am not familiar with the island in a level to give special advicing, but as far i have enjoyed it, it a reeeally nice one!!

3. Re: Your advice gratefully sought!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos