We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather late may

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
weather late may

hi,

whats the weather generally like last week of may, usually come june or august but school holidays fall last week of may......

cheers

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather late may

Warm to hot, generally dry, long days warm evenings and a really nice time to be on the island.

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather late may

thanks, have been first 2 weeks of june and sometime chilly on a night but saying that its been the same august, or maybe its just me lol.....just remember a late may a few years ago and high water running through the town......pictures of flooding on here....a rare occasion I should imagine.....panic over have convinced myself....doent take much...

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather late may

It was either three or four years ago around the third week in May when one Saturday morning there was a huge downpour with hailstones the size of golf balls, the heavens opened I have video footage of sunbeds, tables,chairs etc being gushed down the lane and into the sea, there were two chaps waist deep in the water trying to catch them before they were washed away to Skopelos.

There was flooding all around the small coastal road from Carnayo to Liminaki with part of the waterside dining area washed away and one car inparticular perilously close to joining the Skiathos Express in the harbour. The water level inside Carnayo was knee deep.

The chef from Milos Taverna couldn't get through until a sort of tractor gave him a lift with all the bystanders cheering and the chef taking a bow and waving from his perch atop. Mr Mayor offered to carry me over the flooded roads....I declined as I didn't want to be responsible for any lasting damage :)) to the Mayor that is!

Luckily it was a rare event and three hours later the sun was out and we were all taking shade.

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: weather late may

I remember as my friend got married two weeks later we were on weather watch.... from England....when ever it rains always nice two hours later thsnk for putting me mind at rest......anywhere gotta be better than here at moment

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather late may

May 2010, my cousin was marooned in Kostas and Mary, having arrived the night before. Great fun ...

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: weather late may

this forum is great when theres nothing on the telly on a sunday night......just dreaming of our return......

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather late may

Ever tried Greek TV ?

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: weather late may

think im obsessed with skiathos.........lucky u skiathoslover1......love your blog.....

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather late may

Thank you, just updating it :)

st helens
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: weather late may

jealous:) just have to make do with a few weeks per year.......best few weeks out of the year though....

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos