We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Temperatures

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Evening Temperatures

Hi Everyone,

I am travelling to skiathos on 31st May for 2 weeks, so basically we are going for the 1st 2 weeks in June, cannot wait!! 8 weeks on Friday woohoo!

I have just stumbled upon the Skiathos Boomerang website, and I have read the ‘about us’ section which states that they 1st went to skiathos in May, and they couldn’t believe how cold it was at night time… is it really going to be cold at night?!! Do we need to take jumpers?

This has worried me slightly and im starting to wish we had booked for peak season, we just didn’t want it to be unbearably hot in the day time!

Also, does anyone have an idea of how warm it may be in the day time?

Thanks in advance,

LK x

Lincoln, UK
Level Contributor
212 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Temperatures

Hi, The Skiathos Boomerang website is my concoction! It is correct that we first went to Skiathos at the end of May and we did find it a little chilly in the evenings, but the days were nice and warm. I am not sure whether this is the norm or not as we now tend to go at the end of June. I am sure SL1 will let you know more, but my recommendations would be to take another layer to wear in the evening just in case.

Whatever you do, the end of May is a great time to visit and you really enjoy it.

Richard

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Temperatures

Just been talking about this a little while ago. In May the tourists arrive and are in shorts and T-shirts, we are still in Jeans and fleeces :)

The way I see it is that after dark the temperatures drop from pretty warm to pretty cool. In the evening dew on the surfaces around 9pm onwards, you can certainly can feel a chill.

I suggest you pack a cardigan or fleece for the evening returns. And some long trousers ...

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,746 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Temperatures

' I suggest you pack a cardigan or fleece for the evening ......' cos if you dont need them there you sure as heck will for the plane journey or for the 'flaming June' weather on your return home !!!!!!!

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Temperatures

Right, ok, not what I was expecting then?!!! I will pack cardi’s and chinos to be safe! Hopefully they won’t be needed!

It will be shorts & tshirt weather in the day though won’t it?? It would be a shame not to enjoy long warm days on those beaches!

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening Temperatures

It's the first two weeks In June on a Greek island in the Aegean... it is more likely to be bloomin lovely. Take a light cardi by all means but if you need the chino's then I'll eat my hat :)))

Unless something extraordinary happens it most certainly will be shorts and t's, long days on the beaches just as you would expect... pack the factor 30 too.

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
666 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening Temperatures

laurakey90. We go first two weeks in June every year. Have never worn a cardigan or jacket at night. Now thats not to say I wont be proven wrong!! I always take a small cardigan, mostly for the flights, but my husband never takes trousers - not literally of course! He just wears cut-offs all holiday and we have never found it chilly. A little different in September but not June. You will have a great time, its a wonderful month to be on the island. As for daytime temperatures, we come home brown as berries every year. Its normally very warm to extremely hot! But its not as stifling as August which is nice. Again, lets hope we are lucky again this year!

Edited: 9:07 am, April 04, 2013
Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening Temperatures

Mrs Whicker eating her flat cap - That will be the day :)

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
227 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening Temperatures

Hi,

We went to skiathos last yr on the 30th may for 1 wk, the weather was grt throughout the day appart frm an hour or so rain we had mid wk.. The temp did drop somewhat of an evening though, n did get rather cold, We needed blankets at night on the bed..

However the wk prior to that the weather was awful, bad storms n heavy rain..

I loved skiathos n wouldn't hesitate to go bak, we got a fab package deal last but the prices have gone up significantly this yr, sum £400 or more for same wk as last yr at the same complex..

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening Temperatures

@SkiathosLover1

Oi Cheekychops... I said hat not cap :))

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,910 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening Temperatures

@donna528789 yes I remember the damp!

@MrsWhicker but not the clogs.

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos