We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellas Airlines

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Hellas Airlines

Hi

Has anyone got any more information re the proposed Hellas Airlines Route between Luton and Volos?? I have registered with their site and was hoping that since today is the 15th December, when they were supposed to announce flights, that there might have been some news. Stupid question perhaps because I know SL is always on the ball and he no doubt would post on here if there was any fresh details about timetables. We would normally fly from Manchester but at the end of May, I will be travelling with my family and Luton will be ideal.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hellas Airlines

Well, their website says "Coming Soon!" That could mean by next spring or never.

http://www.flyhellasairlines.com

I wouldn't base my plans on an airline that doesn't yet seem to have an airplane. The HellasAirlines logo on the airplane on their website looks to be photoshopped. ;o)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellas_Airlines

Edited: 7:21 am, December 15, 2012
WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hellas Airlines

Helmdall

You could wll be right, but fingers crossed. Que Sera Sera, what will be, will be and hope for the best. Trouble is, one of the group will find it difficult to fly on the Friday, hence if Hellas has Saturday flights, these would be more convenient, as well as possibly cheaper but but but.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hellas Airlines

Pinkygirl, I wrote "That could mean by next spring or never." What other possibilities are there? ;o)

Maybe the Wikipedia reference is out of date, but it shows "Fleet Size: 0; Destinations: 0". The logo on the airplane is obviously photoshopped, because it doesn't curve with the shape of the fusilage and the lettering covers the windows. I haven't heard anything about Hellas Airlines since last August.

If you want to keep your fingers crossed and wait, go ahead, and I hope you get your wishes. :o)

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,561 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hellas Airlines

I think Pinkygirl might be referring to the news SkaithosLover1 shared in this post

tripadvisor.co.uk/…44475072

I'm sure SL1 will keep us updated if and when he hears anything.

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hellas Airlines

Hi Mrs W

Nice to see your name in the Forum, you seem to have been very quiet of late.

Yes, Helmdall, question of wait and see - one thing for sure, we hope to get there one way or another.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hellas Airlines

@Heimdall plenty of info on the previous thread to catch up on.

@Pinkygirl8 When friends here have been in touch with the airline, they answer e-mails promptly. Why not drop them an e-mail about the website and ask when the bookings will open and timetables announced.

Most of the Magnesia and island news websites are very quiet at the moment.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,427 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hellas Airlines

Hi SkiathosLover,

I wasn't aware of your October thread before, but have now read it and the blogspot. If they choose Luton as their London airport that would work well for me. I sincerely hope everything goes to plan, but remain sceptical. I hope I am proven wrong. ;o)

WREXHAM
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hellas Airlines

Thanks SL

Will have a go and do as you suggest. I note your comment about the Magnesia and Island News doo dahs being thin on the ground at the moment, BUT your daily blogs do go a long way to keeping up the Skiathos Happy Anticipation Feeling. Very enjoyable to read.

Thank you

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hellas Airlines

@Pinkygirl8 nice to see your footprint there most days. Good to hear you still enjoy the ramblings from a green island in the aegean. Its the Christmas bazaar today, will be something to share later ...

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
635 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hellas Airlines

Been meaning to say for a long time now that I also absolutely love reading your daily Skiathian blogs. They make wonderful reading, they are extremely interesting and it makes me see that you truly live the proper Greek way of life. Dont stop writing, they keep me going through the winter :-)