We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

Please keep your holiday stories coming over the winter please !!

Its 266 days until our holiday to Skiathos and I love to check in on here at least a couple of times a week. It's a long winter :-( but looking forward to our next visit.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

I don't need to know anything, thanks though...I was just simply wondering as I know there are so many beautiful beaches around Pelion too, as well as the mountain villages etc...just as beautiful as one of the islands in my view, more Greek.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

Take a ride from Skiathos over to Kati Yorgis, and spend some time there. A couple of days would be even better ...

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

@greeceheaven

Our Carrefour yesterday reduced the price of Fix by 50% on a one day promotion. I have not seen so much beer shifted in such a short time. They were moving pallets of the stuff from the warehouse into the store, and it was going just as quick through the tills.

It was €1.86 for 4x500ml cans. Bottles 500ml were 72 cents each with 14 cents back on the returned bottle ...

I think its going to be on the menu, at many more local establishments next year. Book up quick ...

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

S L it sounds good to me as long as they don't drink it all !

Hope you got your share !!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

My brother and sister in law have just returned from Kati Yorgis. They said it was lovely and the people were so nice and the place to go if you want a very relaxed true Greek holiday. They would have popped over to Skiathos except for the cost , something like £50 per person each way on the ferry.

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

Its a lot easier from Skiathos, after all there are regular tourist boats calling there. Its expensive from Platanias too. There is a water taxi from Aghia Eleni, and last i heard it was €50 each way.

From Volos its a two hour bus ride, over the hills, plus the Flying Cat fare €37.50 or ferry €21 each way

Fix - Just a few for winter, I shipped a case of Rapsani from Volos for those winter nights by the fire, that are fast approaching ...

PS - Rain this am but heat again for the weekend ...

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

50€ each way from Plantanias -Skiathos?! Wow! Yes, it is 21€ each way from Volos-Skiathos, about 2 hours 15 on the Skaithos Express.

Just watching Mamma Mia on ITV and missing the summer :( certainly no heat here for the weekend.!

Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

Mamma Mia !!! the color of that sea !!!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,547 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

On my way back from the airport this evening, I took this ...

https:/…A47-3dtCYAAL1MZ.jpg

Edited: 12:32 pm, October 11, 2012
Oswestry, United...
Level Contributor
231 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Keep the stories from Skiathos coming please

S L That's so beautiful. It looks even better than I remember, very serene .