We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese restaurant?

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Chinese restaurant?

Loving skiathos :-) can anyone recommend a Chinese restaurant? Love Greek food but fancy something different..... Recommendations please lovely people x

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese restaurant?

The only Chinese I know is in Kouk and I would say it's OK!

wigan
Level Contributor
828 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese restaurant?

The chinese in Kouk is also an Indian?????? Nuff said.

uk
Level Contributor
407 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese restaurant?

In Skiathos town there is Flavours of The East, it's up on the approach to Plakes from the old port. First restaurant on the right just before Seleni taverna.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese restaurant?

You will need to check this out to see if it is still the case but Milos Taverna (the old windmill on the small airport coastal road) used to do chinese food in the evening.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese restaurant?

townboyUk is partly wrong. It's not on the approach to Plakes. Go up the steps after Rock 'n' Roll bar, past Chicken George, carry on past Lo & La. At the top of these steps before Stelini it's on the right. But can't understand anybody wanting Chinese food in a place like Skiathos where there are so may fabulous restaurants and tavernas.

Edited: 2:47 pm, August 27, 2012
Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese restaurant?

There's nowt wrong with a Chindian tiramasu! Great place to go if you fancy a ruby, but your other half would rather not. Must admit, I've never tried the one in Kouk, but it looks OK and keeps busy. We went to a great one in Zante a few years ago, well it was great 'till a huge flying bug landed in my dinner! It must have been hungry!

It's a shame that the Chinese in Troulos shut a few years ago, they sold great food, growing a lot of it themselves.

uk
Level Contributor
407 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinese restaurant?

"townboyUk is partly wrong. It's not on the approach to Plakes".

So...where exactly does Alexandrou Moraitidi take one to then..? I must be losing it in my dotage ;-)

uk
Level Contributor
42 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinese restaurant?

Thanks for all your replys... I just love Chinese food, have had wonderful experiences in Corfu, Cyprus and Crete... I enjoy it, that's why I thought I'd ask, what's not to understand and why do people reply with a little dig? It was the same when someone asked about how to get English radio a few months back... Snidy little poke about why would someone want to listen to radio when on holiday! I stated I love Greek food because I felt concerned I would get a barrage of judgement... Yet still, there is always 1, that has to judge and get a comment in? I like Chinese food, holidays are about doing what you enjoy and therefore I came on here to ask those with the wealth of experience for advice, make snide comments at home, not on here it's not nice :(

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinese restaurant?

It wasn't a snidy poke!!!!!! at the time I was trying to emphise (?) the wonder of Skiathos,never ,ever meant to cause offence.I come on here because I enjoy the "conversations" with people who like me love Skiathos.

Marion

10. Re: Chinese restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, December 16, 2013