We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be ok?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Will it be ok?

We usually visit Skiathos mid July/August and love the buzz of the town but this year decided to go on the 14th of September---Please could someone tell me honestly what to expect regarding the weather,beaches, atmosphere etc.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will it be ok?

It will be quieter but that means catching the bus won't be a problem, the weather should be a few degrees cooler but chillier at night, the beaches will still be fabulous as willl the atmosphere!!!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will it be ok?

Hey and welcome cushycow13:-) I agree the sea is at it's best after being sun-kissed all Summer long;-) Sept is my personal fave month and find that by mid to late month, the weather usually takes a 'turn'.. some cloudy/rainy/cool days usually emerge into a wonderful Indian Summer.. although difficult to predict how long those changeable days will last! Sometimes it's only a few days.. other years it lasted for a week+.. no guarantess.. hoping it'll be a good one this year as well;-) Enjoy!

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
184 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will it be ok?

We went second week in September last year and had a beautiful week. Was quieter but not that quiet. Just think it's got to be better than England!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will it be ok?

Will the water taxis still be running ? Also is there now a boat that leaves from the Kassandra Bay to the town and will this still be in operation?

northumberland
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will it be ok?

Watching replies with interest (and hope) here as we are also going to Skiathos on 14th September.

First time visit for us, all reviews are certainly wetting the appetite.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Will it be ok?

You will love it !!!

Been going every year for the last 10 years but never been in September.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will it be ok?

Us too,usually go August but have friends who always went septemberand never ever said anything negative. The only differance I'm expecting is that it will be a bit cooler in the evening, Last year went 1st week in Oct and the weather was lovely, just a shame everywhere was closing down!!

christinaanne068
Level Contributor
79 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will it be ok?

Our first of many visits to Skiathos was in September several years ago and we went around the same time as you. Weather was great - proper beach weather - and maybe a bit cooler in the evenings but still warm. Everywhere was still open but fewer people around. We have also visited in June (again a lovely month) and August (much too busy for us). Having said this, I understand that a couple of years ago September wasn't the best month for weather but the same could be said of almost anywhere these days. Sure you'll have a great time!

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will it be ok?

Last September was the hottest for 35 yrs!! or so we were told.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Will it be ok?

Thats what I like to hear Marion !!