We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional greek bands

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional greek bands

Hello folks, just wondering if anyone can recommend a group/band/musicians to provide entertainment at a wedding in Skiathos, ideally would like some contemporary music along with traditional greek bouzouki ,Many thanks

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi Kathryn H and welcome.

We saw a great band last year and again this at Byzantium in Troulos called Groom Therapy. Their CD calls their music Rock/Funk/Soul/Disco. A lot of the songs are songs you will know but with their own style. Google Groom Therapy. their email address is thegroomtherapyband@yahoo.gr

Tel No- Mobile - 6948 585 351 or 6936 569 503

Hope this helps

Lyn

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi Lyn and many thanks for the reply and info. I've googled them and they sound ideal. Do you know how many are in the band and whether or not they do some traditional greek songs as well?

Thanks again,much appreciated

Kathryn

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi

I think there were 4 this year but 5 last due to one of them not being well. Not sure about traditional Greek music i'm sure if you email them they will let you know. (just remember the Greeks are not quick with replying to emails) When is the Wedding and have you been to Skiathos before?

Lyn

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi again, it's for my daughters wedding next month so it's getting quite short notice!! Everyone keeps telling us the Greeks can sort things pretty quickly so fingers crossed. We haven't been to Skiathos before so really looking forward to it but my daughter and her partner have holidayed there 4 or 5 times which is why the island holds so many memories for them and their decision to marry there. Everyone says it's a beautiful island

Kathryn

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional greek bands

Lyn, I've tried to email them but it's bounced back undelivered.

I've sent it to

thegroomtherapyband@yahoo.gr

Am I using the right address? Am I missing any dots??

Thanks

Kathryn

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional greek bands

Thats what is on their CD so perhaps it has changed as we bought it last year. Try - info@byzantiumskiathos.com that is where we saw them they may be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm sure you will love Skiathos last year was our first time and we went back this year and fallen in love with the place.

Hope your daughter gets sorted and has a great wedding. let me know how things work out

Lyn

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional greek bands

Many thanks for your help Lyn, I'll keep you posted on progress

Kathryn

staffordshire
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi i am getting married in skiathos in 2014 at the atrium hotel and was also looking for some greek style music as a tadional thing so would you please let me know how you get on as recommadation is always good hope your daughter wedding goes really well

Many Thanks

abbie

Burnley
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traditional greek bands

Hi Abbie

Congratulations to you too on your forthcoming wedding.

So far I'm afraid I'm not doing too well , have a couple of leads but nothing definate as yet but I will let you know if we get something sorted.

Bye

Kathryn

Skíathos, Magnisia...
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Traditional greek bands

Groom Therapy Band:

We are happy to inform you that "GROOM THERAPY" will continue their live perfomances in 2013 @ Skiathos !!!

Please visit our facebook site

facebook.com/pages/…

for further info!

Except from the standard dates @ the same places, this summer we will be available for wedding parties too ...!!!

" Ever since the summer of 2012, Groom Therapy constitutes the ideal choice for the music coverage of numerous events - such as weddings, honeymoons, etc - during the summer months in Sporades Islands, as their collaboration with local event organizers offers them the opportunity to spread their wings further and present a dance, latin, disco & rock 'n' roll live music set."

thegroomtherapyband@yahoo.gr

0030 6948 585351

GROOM THERAPY

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos