We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in May

Wales
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in May

We are off to Skiathos on 19th May and hoping for a relaxing beach holiday. I am getting rather worried about the weather situation over there as it looks very cool and rainy at the moment. Does anyone know if it's as bad as it looks and what the likelihood is of some warmer weather by the middle of May?

Please give me some encouragement!

Wexford, Ireland
Level Contributor
483 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in May

I've just answered someone else's concern about this on another thread. If you relied on the online forecast you'd think it had been raining here today but it's actually been bright sunshine. By the middle of May you can be pretty certain of sunshine with cooler evenings.

Have a great holiday :-)

Wales
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in May

Thank you very much for your encouraging reply. I think I'll ignore the forecast from now on and just concentrate on looking forward to our holiday.

middx
Level Contributor
423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in May

Hi, we have been to skiathos twice in may, has always been fairly reliably 21-26, and some days hotter, once had rainand thunder, but not bad for three weeks. Definately take cardi/jacket for the evenings as it does cool down a lot, my hubby preferred chinos etc for the evening, especially if your staying out a bit later. On our first visit we were unprepared for this and found fleeces/jumpers to be quite pricey on the island. Have a great time, we love it there. mari

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
106 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in May

We are going to Skiathos at the end of May and were wondering about the weather too. Just been looking at the live Skiathos webcam today and the pictures are showing lovely sunshine. Enjoy yourselves.

5. Re: Weather in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 30, 2009