We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel on the Beach

UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel on the Beach

Hi, I'm looking for a hotel with nice pool and if possible on the beach as my daughter has ME and so cannot walk very far. It seems the Greek islands are very hilly so I'm looking for a flat area that would enable me to push a wheelchair. Have a budget of approx. £150 per night for room. We are planning to go first week of September.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel on the Beach

Hi, the first ones that spring to mind are the Skiathos Princess in Agia Paraskavi, Hotel Troulos Bay in Troulos and the Hotel Esperides in Achladias. Each of these are in a small resort area.

Motorised mobility scooters are available for hire on the island from Paul at IMPS, he's a great chap and very helpful, I'll look up his contact details for you. If you did hire one for your resort area and you wanted to go into town by taxi or bus, he would meet you with another scooter for you to use whilst in town - top service.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel on the Beach

Hi

Here is a link to contact Paul at IMPS, if you just wanted to ring him for advice on any mobility issues he'd be pleased to help you:

http://www.skiathosinfo.com/business/imp.htm

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel on the Beach

Totally agre with MrsWhicker. You can't go wrong with The Troulos Bay Hotel, it will be perfect for you and your daughter. Right on the beach with easy access. I don't know anything about IMPS so I can't comment, but you will have a truely wonderful time on Skiathos, it's a gem of an island. ENJOY!

UK
Level Contributor
498 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel on the Beach

Thank you so much for your replies, you don't know just how much they are appreciated and will put my mind at rest. Really looking forward to the break already.

Lancashire
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
3,594 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel on the Beach

I understand the Hotel Troulos Bay has had a refurb in time for the 2009 season and added a swimming pool.

Kitchenlady, if you need any further info please ask and we'll do our best to help.

6. Re: Hotel on the Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:26 am, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos