We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be Prepared for the Expense

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Be Prepared for the Expense

Hi all,

Just returned last night from a week long trip to Skiathos. Just wanted to warn you to be prepared to open the old wallet. It's a beautiful island with gorgeous beaches, but don't expect the low prices you might expect to find on other Greek islands. Also don't expect the people to be as nice either. We have travelled to other islands and found the Greeks to be very open and warm people. Sorry to say we did not have the same experience here.

I would definitely recommend this destination as one that would offer the opportunity to just chill and relax, but cannot say that I will ever return.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

they will not be english off.....i dont think that the most of english have problm ith greece but is unfair from some part of them talking like that..when we have examples of malia and zante where drunk guys made these paradises places to avoid..they have no respect on the country and the people which visit it...if the english off has to do with that part of tourism i would nit have any problem noone ever of them visit greece...go from the other side it is true you can find the beer with 1 euro.....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

johnkook i dont want to be misendurstanding betwwen us...as you seem to be a guy with acceptable behaviour and civilize way of expressing your opinions but we are talking about respect....talking for killed cats and souvlakis???why all these fake things...no respect to the country no respect evn to the locals..im a local and my opinion of how i want my country is must be accepted...you coming here for 1 -2months and you leave...you should allways put yourself to the others position to understand them...i have a bad experience also in rome but i never talk about frozen pizzas or for worst country as a whole piece....this is a bad critisism and i will allways say that you should pay attention to your own home before critisize the others....i will never speak about the taxi drivers of rome cause i know that athens taxi drivers are also bad.....and this type unfriendly critisism is not being accepted...and i will never undertsand why is that taking paryt..i will remind you the olympics where english cost a lot of problems to athens while saying all the time about terrorism and not prepared stadiums...calm down guys..

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

johnkook i dont want to be misendurstanding betwwen us...as you seem to be a guy with acceptable behaviour and civilize way of expressing your opinions but we are talking about respect....talking for killed cats and souvlakis???why all these fake things...no respect to the country no respect evn to the locals..im a local and my opinion of how i want my country is must be accepted...you coming here for 1 -2months and you leave...you should allways put yourself to the others position to understand them...i have a bad experience also in rome but i never talk about frozen pizzas or for worst country as a whole piece....this is a bad critisism and i will allways say that you should pay attention to your own home before critisize the others....i will never speak about the taxi drivers of rome cause i know that athens taxi drivers are also bad.....and this type unfriendly critisism is not being accepted...and i will never undertsand why is that taking paryt..i will remind you the olympics where english cost a lot of problems to athens while saying all the time about terrorism and not prepared stadiums...calm down guys..

Athens
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

Foggy ... I would reply to you and to this negative guy but I am out of time!

I got to go and kill some cats! lolololoololollol

w.yorks,uk
12 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

soz 2 disappoint

but its not about CATS!!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

is about how rude you are and how unrespectfull personality you have

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

i meaned holiday for me...but dont try to save this boy i think you didnt understand one word from my postings above and the way of behaviour not even you can speak but also write..and dont take it personally i mean the guy who wrote this...as for CATS with capital letters dont emphasize.....

w.yorks,uk
12 posts
Save Reply
38. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

gas

i wud not say rude and unrespectful [one L] but rather

direct and truthful

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

direct????wow...guys just dont make us the honor to visit greece again....people without respect especially after our apologies and expressing of local opinions are not welcoming in greece...just keep your bad mouths for yourselfs cause i havent yet open mine for your country and your nation...even if skiathos was the hell the way he describes and your known heronic style is not being accepted from us and from greeks in general...BYE

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Be Prepared for the Expense

how much you have insult us with that bad review....giving all my help and the over 1000 posts and hearing you continue presenting you have right without even read carefully and understand what i want to say...shame!!!

Get answers to your questions about Skiathos