We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Hamilton...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Skiathos to Athens

What is the fastest and most comfortable way to get from Skiathos to Athens? We will be staying in Volos first where we will take the Dolphin to Skiathos. Then from Skiathos we go to Athens. Should we take the Dolphin back to Volos and bus to Athens? Or dolphin to AG Constantinos and a bus from there to Athens? Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Olympic airlines I think fly daily from JSI (skiathos) to Athens .

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

As mentioned, a quick 30 min flight is definetely most 'fastest and comfortable':-) There is also the options of the dolphin over to Aghios Konstantinos to hook up with the bus .. on the morning run, you'll arrive Athens around noontime - 1p (depends on traffic getting into the City! Enjoy~!

Hamilton...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

So, if I wasn't going to do the flight, and was going to do bus/ferry. Would it be best to go ferry from Skaithos to Volos and bus to Athens, or ferry from Skiathos to AG Constantinos and bus to Athens? Thanks so much.

Hamilton...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Also, the only flight I can find it at night and we would want to go in the morning, can anyone help me with this? Thanks so much, again.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,813 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Ferry/catamaran to Ag. Konstantinos and then bus, not Volos. You can I believe buy a combo ticket for the Catamaran+bus to Athens. Or do it separately.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Yes, they do sell the ferry+bus combo tickets together..and definetely to Aghios Konstantinos (it's much closer to Athens than Volos!)..again, the earliest this will get you in is around noontime:-) They usually have this combo twice daily in Season with an evening run as well! Olympic only flies once daily! Keep Enjoyin'!

Hamilton...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Thanks so much for all your help thus far. I have booked a Dolphin ferry for the trips from Volos to Skiathos and then Skiathos to Agios Konstantinos. Now that I have done that, how do I arrange a bus from Agios Konstantinos to Athens? Where are the station(s)? How long does it take? How much does it cost? Thanks in advance for your help.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

The bus (sometimes more than 1 - depends on season/bookings) usually are right there at the pier awaiting the passengers (they come/go from Athens in conjunction with the dolphin schedules)..they will sell you a ticket on the spot if there is room..You could have purchased it as a 'package' to include the bus to Athens but unless it's peak travel usually from mid-July to end Aug., you should be fine! Keep Enjoyin'!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,943 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

Litsa has given you good info.

The ferry ticket shop at the bottom of Papadamatis street opposite the ferry docking point can book you the trip right through to Athens. You should not have any problems at all.

Volos by bus is a five hour trip to Athens, AK around three with a stop on the way.

The Olympic flight is now at 10.00pm back to Athens each night, So no good for onward connections, you exit Athens airport at 11.00pm so you will need a hotel.

10. Re: Getting from Skiathos to Athens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos