We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marina studios in kolios

torquay
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
marina studios in kolios

Hi were booked to go to the marina studios in kolios in may and was wondering if anyone has stayed there and what it is like and what the resort is like, also does anyone know if it is a better exchange rate in skiathis than here as the rate at the moment is 1.25

thanks

jane

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,959 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: marina studios in kolios

Im staying in Kolios at the end of Auguat, i too have never been before but it seems to get decent reviews.

england
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: marina studios in kolios

Marina is great sure you will enjoy! we are going in June our third visit (tenth to skiathos) We always stay in the kolios area. Good and central and plenty of great eating places you will be spoilt for choice and the beaches there are great too.Have a super time

nottingham
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: marina studios in kolios

Hi we are staying at the marina studios in september, its our second visit to skiathos, we went last year and loved it that much we booked again for this year. Last year we stayed closer to skiathos town in megali ammos (tink its spelt something like that), this year we wanted to be able to explore a bit more so chose kolios.

Skiathos is great i'm sure you'll love it, it's really beautiful and theres something for everyone.

Even if you hire a car you have to go on the bus at least once, its a bit of a experience as are the taxi rides.

Can you let me know what you thought of the studios?

Thanks

Sarah

torquay
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: marina studios in kolios

i will do im so excited only 10 days to go!!!!

Halifax
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: marina studios in kolios

Hi We,ve been to kolios and stayed in the Marina about 6 times the area has loads of Tavernas. Yes it is on the main road and there is some road noise but its not too bad, the main area & pool is set back from the road. Stellios & Marina are great hosts and for kids ask Stellios to do his magic, he's very entertaining.

The 2 local beaches are lovely (kolios & platanis, Aghia Paraskevi)

The Apartments do have a lot of steps and there is a small supermarket across the road. Also near a bus stop for easy access back into town.

I'm sure you'll all enjoy it, maybe see you there

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marina studios in kolios

We have just got back from the Marina Hotel after staying there for a week 1st of May to the 8th of May. The Hotel is lovely, we stayed in room 19 which was spacious, beautifully clean and at the rear of the property overlooking the pool with a nice sea view to boot. We were the first plane to arrive for the new summer season and things were very quiet with not many tavernas open, but as we had gone for a rest the place was perfect. We ate at the Green Park Restaurant in Kolios which is a little off the beated track but signposted on the main road opposite the sign for the Arco Hotel, the food was lovely and is highly recommended. If you fancy a snack the Iguana fast food place is great for a souvlaki pitta and a beer.

The Marina is just great, gardens lovely too, a very friendly place which is obviously the pride and joy for Stelios and Marina who were lovely.

Watch out for his card tricks, they are great, hope the magic hankie lasts all the summer season.

Just great you will have a lovely time.

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: marina studios in kolios

I missed this earlier - we've stayed at the Marina and it was great. Stelios is just a gem - the high standard of upkeep is entirely down to him. The bathroom was probably the best I've seen in any comparable accomodation. The pool could have been a teeny bit bigger, though.

We've also stayed at the Yiadim, directly opposite, which was also nice, and very friendly. Non residents were welcome in their bar, which had Sky Sports, if anyone's interested. I can't find it in any of the brochures this year, it was a Kosmar (XL) property.

nottingham
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: marina studios in kolios

hey, i don't suppose you saw a smokey grey cat about?? She was pregnant when we were there in Sept. Just hoping she made it through the winter. Glad you had a great time - we loved it there too.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: marina studios in kolios

We stopped in the Yaidim last June and booked again for June this year.As you know, Xl went bust but the property is now in the Thomson Brochure.

However since we could not find the Yaidim earlier, we are trying the Marina just opposite

Nip Nottingham

uk
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: marina studios in kolios

Actually, I found the Yiadim advertised last week by Thomson online. Prices for July - over £700 pp!

The Marina is lovely, and you'll be made welcome at the Yiadim bar, I'm sure.