We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clear water in Thassos?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
clear water in Thassos?

I have had a look at a lot of photos of Thassos on the net and the water does not look that clear on many of the beaches, could this be just be my eyes deceiving me or are they a bit weedy? as I ve mentioned before a lovely beach with clear water is what we go on holiday for, so its very important to us that we make the right decision.Any advice would be gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Lincoln, England
Level Contributor
80 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clear water in Thassos?

I think if you prefer a beach holiday rather than a pool, it is difficult to beat Skiathos. I would recommend Naxos as the beaches are sandy and the town is great for eating and drinking, very atmospheric!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clear water in Thassos?

Hmmmm! It appears you're questioning Thassos and that's why you're posting in Skiathos Forum?? Well, as stated, if it's nice beaches you're looking for, Skiathos will definetely fit the bill:) Enjoy!

Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: clear water in Thassos?

In answer to your question about the water in Thassos it is crystal clear, beautiful for snorkelling,

I am delighted to say we have booked for Skiathos this year, looking at the number of people who have been back for many years I wish I had discovered it sooner.

4. Re: clear water in Thassos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, September 01, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos