We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time

berkshire
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
First Time

We are thinking of going to skiathos next year have visited many of the the islands we really enjoy our greek holidays.

Would appreaciate some help we are mature couple looking for a nice hotel more for adults nr beach and able to walk to bars and resutarants.

Any help much appreciated

Rose

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time

We have been to Skiathos twice 3 years ago and this year we stayed in Troulos at the green meadows self catering that is where we stayed the last time you cant miss it beautiful clean apartments very central i love the beach in Troulos we spent many hours sunbathing there.

Troulos is not heaving there is some lovely restruarants and bars well spread out i love the place.I noticed when we were there this year if you want to go in a hotel the Troulos Bay hotel which is right on the beach it looked very nice and everybody we spoke to that stayed there said it was really good at a nightime if you wanted somewher a bit livlier just hop on the local bus that is an experience you wont forget and go up to Skiathos Town and if you want to visit other islands you can we just book ourselves going to Skiathos harbour and the ferry office and getting our tickets there you can visit Skiathos and Alonissios beautiful islands i highly recomend Skiathos.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time

Hi Rose ,

You will enjoy Skiathos its the best place i have been in Greece.

i know the people on TA are very good at pointing people in the right direction but you will get a lot more info on the Skiathos BB if you go to skiathosinfo.com and follow the link from there .

Every resort on Skiathos has a beach ,most with its own taverna.

Do you want a hotel or apt ? I find self catering is best as you can please yourself with regards to meal times etc.Plus the apartments owners always go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.

3. Re: First Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, September 11, 2009