We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Galway
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Hi All,

Have been looking for holidays out of Dublin and can get great value on Skiathos, just wondering if it will be lively enough? Don't need crazy nightlife but just a few clubs etc. If there is good nightlife on the island is it centralised in skiathos town?

Thanks!!

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,021 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Hi Nial,

There are a few clubs in Skiathos town ,most of them are down the coast road that leads to the airport about 10min walk from town. They are only open from the end of June to the end of Aug normally .

If you like beaches there are about 60 , from pebble to golden sand, a few have tavernas on them as well. The clubs are not like you get in England (sorry i havent been to Ireland yet) or Ibiza they are more laid back.

Galway
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Sounds good! I like the sound of the laid back atmosphere, want to stay away from the ibiza vibe! Thanks!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Yes i would say Skiathos Town is the livliest brillant atmosphere there is no rowdy youngins in fact i would say Skiathos is more for older couples but there is more than enough to do in Skiathos Town just dont expect it to be like Malia or Laganas because its not and the beaches are wonderful.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

hi niall123

skiathos town is the place to go for nightlife there is lots of bars and outdoor clubs on the harbour , none rowdy with a good mix of ages and nationalities, you will love it i guarentee. go & have fun.

annie

Galway
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

Thanks everyone! Heading in 2 weeks, can't wait!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

dont forget to tell us how you got on...enjoy yourself

annie

7. Re: Skiathos, good place for two early twentysomethings?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, September 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos