We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby in Skiathos

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Baby in Skiathos

Any advice on going to Skiathos with our 4.5 month old baby would be appreciated. We've been to Skiathos before, a few years ago and are now happy to be going with our little boy. My main question is whether you think we'd be better off taking nappies and wipes or buying them there. I remember going to a large supermarket near Skiathos Town and I'm sure they'll sell them, but I wonder whether anyone knows what brand nappies and wipes they sell and how much they are.

Does anyone have any other tips for us? PS, we're staying at the Hermes Apartments in Kolios. (We previously stayed at the Marialena Apartments in Ag. Paraskevi and I must say, they are SUPERB, we would have gone back, but they were fully booked)

Cheers

Manchester, UK
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby in Skiathos

Hi,

We went to Skiathos with our 1 year old last summer. Stayed at the Oasis apartments just outside Skaithos Town. They sold Pampers nappies and Johnsons wipes in the supermarket down the road. I took enough nappies for the first 3 days so that we had enough time to find our way around before running out.

A couple of tips - make sure your baby gets his afternoon sleep, it's heaven having an hour or two reading on the balcony and he can stay up a bit later in the evening. Take his comfy pram from home as he will probably fall asleep in the evening anyway.Get your little boy one of those v high protection sun suits and a hat plus loads of v high factor sun cream (boots do a good one for childrens sensitive skin) you will probably spend most of the time in the shade but at least you can spend some time in the pool and sea with him without worrying that he will burn.

Hope you have a good trip - we loved Skiathos - very child friendly and are going back later this year.

Evie

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
44 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby in Skiathos

Thanks Evie for your reply. Sorry I've only just replied but I haven't been able to access the computer. I'm getting myself sorted out now and have a massive list of things to take. I'm sure we'll have a great time!

3. Re: Baby in Skiathos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 29, 2009