We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Wales
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Hi guys,

Looking for a little help. Myself and my partner are going to Skiathos in early June for 2 weeks, but don't know where to stay. All the places in the brochures are made to sound so good, and as you know this is not always the case.

We are aged between 25-30, and are looking for somewhere beautiful, with a good beach, and something going on i.e. some tavernas, bars etc. We're opting not to go to Skiathos Town as it seems pretty easy to get there from anywhere on the island if we want a busy night.

Please, please help - what are your suggestions??

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay?

Well we were at Skiathos 3years ago and are returning this year very rare we repeat going back to a place but i loved the island so much the last time i knew i had to return.We are staying at Troulos again at the same apartments GREEN MEADOWS beautiful location as the name suggests in a green meadow so quiet and relaxing.Your first impression of Troulos there looks like there is not much there but you just walk down the dirt tracks off from the roads and you come across some of the best taverna you can imagine tradional greek hospitality and beautiful meals.Our hol for Skiathos has been booked from last April as soon as the hols come out because green meadows is a very popular apartments and booked up very quickly.Maybe the age you are Skiathos Town has more to offer you there is loads going on there and it is not full of rowdies i think Skiathos caters for couples more than families and it does not matter what age group you are.Troulos has a brillant beach but you will be spoilt for choice which beach is better than the other let us know where you pick.

MK UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay?

Why not try the following friendly family hotel

Villa Albanis consists of 13 studios and appartments. Each one is equipped with a TV- set, A/C, kitchenette, private shower/WC and a balcony or patio.

For any further information you can contact them on tel.:

(+30)6942595422 or by e-mail: stavrosalbanis@gmail.com

http://stavrosalbanis.googlepages.com/home

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
621 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay?

Aselinos is a lovey place to stay. Not as crowded as some of the resorts on the south coast road. But it is still only 5 mins drive on the north side of the island across from Troulos - you would need a car though to get about. It only takes 20 mins to Skiathos Town. It is a stunning valley, very peaceful - Villa Angela is where we stayed in 2005. Or there are other accommodation around that area but not heaving with hotels. Look at my photos of Aselinos on my website www.clearspray.co.uk . Ag. Paraskevi from my personal point of view is getting a little crowded and at the moment there are major works to the road which are still not complete. Wherever you stay though, you will love Skiathos.

14. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, August 31, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Skiathos
Recent Conversations