We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alonissos in June

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Alonissos in June

The boyfriend and I are visiting Alonissos in June from 7th - 21st staying in the Ninna apartments. We spent a night in Alonissos last year and totally adored it. We like good food, wine, easy-ish walking, nature, history, swimming, music and I dabble in yoga. Any tips for us of must-sees and must-dos?

Athens Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alonissos in June

Hello SuzyGirl. You can find everything you need on ivicourt's website: http://www.ivicourt.com/

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,705 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alonissos in June

Pension Ninna in Patiri ? If so great choice ...

Bucks, England
Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alonissos in June

Spend some time up in chora which is the beautiful main town and you must go to agios dimitrios beach....it's stunning and very peaceful. We will be back in alonissos in June and can't wait! We hire a moped and scoot round that way it's great fun!! Enjoy!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alonissos in June

Thanks a lot. Bit allergic to driving / scooters so need a good beach within walking distance of Paltriri. In June, are there boats that take you to beaches off the beaten track?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,444 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alonissos in June

Hi,

There are no taxi boats to beaches now, though I think you maybe able to hire one, not to sure about the latter.

The bus will take you to Chora and Steni Vala and from both of those you can walk to beaches.

The travel agencies do organised walks on some days, just take a look. Again I've not used those services but did my own.

The beach in Patitiri itself is very stoney. Rousoum Gialos is probably the best of nearby ones again it's shingly/pebbles and has a couple of tavernas.

Go behind the Nina and then go left up the tarmac road to the multiway junction. Then you go right along the road a bit then right down a stepped st between a number of rooms for rent places and find yourself on Rousoum Gialos beach.

If you go to the other side of the beach and up the road a bit and right up another stepped St and along a tarmac road you will end up up in Votsi where there is a stoney beach small port and another couple of tavernas.

From Chora you can walk down to various beaches. My favourite is Megalo Mourtia, again it's pebbles but sand on the seabed. Go past the taverna at the left end and there are steps up the cliff and past a house.

Continue along that track and there is a steep wooded track down to to Vithisma beach again pebbly/shingly and usually deserted. Back up to the main track and continue along that track and you will end up on the Marpounta road which leads back to Patitiri.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alonissos in June

Hi Retired Hippy

Thanks! It sounds just perfect...it's been a long winter and some sunshine will be incredibly welcome.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alonissos in June

I am counting down the days...need some time in the sunshine..

I might be allergic to mopeds and cars but I do like cycling. Is bike hire a wish too far on an island with hills? And if bike hire is a possibility, how much can I expect to pay and from where?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
98 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alonissos in June

Make sure you eat some traditional Alonissos cheese pie. It is unlike anywhere else in Greece (far bigger and more delicious). I'd go back just for that.

9. Re: Alonissos in June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, February 21, 2015