We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sporades - Where to go with children?

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Sporades - Where to go with children?

Hi,

my sister and myself are planning to take our children (2year and 5year) to Skiathos. We have already booked a studio for 10days.

Now we are also considering visiting another Sporades island and cannot decide between Alonissos and Scopelos. We are looking for a spacious, safe (no rocks, small pebbles or sand) beaches. When I see Alonissos photos beaches do not look spacious enough??

Or should we just stay to Skiathos and go for daily trips to Alonissos and Scopelos.

TIA

Regards, Sneza

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sporades - Where to go with children?

Hey and welcome Sneza:-) Little confused as you state.. no rocks, small pebbles or SAND?;-) For the most part, you'll find the sandy beaches in Skiathos.. except for Limnonari on Skopelos, most of it's beaches are the small pebble variety.. similar to Alonissos;-) If by 'spacious', you mean long stretches of beach.. Mylies in Skopelos and Aghios Dimitriou beach in Alonissos should fit the bill;-) For some general info on beaches along with photos, take a look at www.skopelosweb.gr/ www.alonissos.gr/ Happy planning.. and eJOY!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,798 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sporades - Where to go with children?

Hi,

If you want sandy, safe beaches then Skiathos is by far the best, followed by Skyros. Beaches on Skopelos and Alonissos are mainly rock, pebbles and shingle.

Beaches are smaller because the Mediterranean Sea is small and has almost no tides.

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sporades - Where to go with children?

Thanks so much! I think this time we will stay on Skiathos and go for daily visits to Alonissos and Skopelos.

Am already v. excited!

Skiathos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
6,938 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sporades - Where to go with children?

You are coming all this way, so try to explore all the islands - whilst you are here ...

5. Re: Sporades - Where to go with children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 30, 2014