We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire drop off in Kosta?

Which Spetses hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire drop off in Kosta?

Please direct me to a previous post if this has already been covered!

We're looking to drive around the Peloponnese in September for our honeymoon, ending with a few days in Spetses. My question is, do you know of any car hire firms who have offices/will allow us to drop off the car in Kosta before getting the ferry across to Spetses? We will be picking the car up in Athens, so they would need to accomodate a different drop off/pick up point.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire drop off in Kosta?

You may have found the answer to you query already.

Pops Car Hire is the only company we've found that will allow you to collect near Athens airport and drive drop off the car in Kosta. http://www.popscarrental.com/

They collect you and take you to an office about 10 mins from the airport in Athens. You can then drive down to Kosta and leave it by the jetty where you take the water taxi. All they ask is that you call them when you're about ten minutes away from Kosta so that they know when to collect the car.

This way, you avoid paying for a car for the time that you're in Spetses.

On the return leg, they collect you from Kosta and take you to their office in Porto Heli (about 10 mins) to complete paperwork before you drive back to Athens, where you can leave the car at the airport and dropping keys at the Europcar desk.

All very simple. We will be doing this again in a few weeks time.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Congratulations on the wedding. Enjoy the honeymoon!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire drop off in Kosta?

Here's the thread from last year, when someone else helpfully told me about Pop's Cars!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189496-i4726-k5…

3. Re: Car hire drop off in Kosta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Spetses