We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating and beaches on spetses

Which Spetses hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
4 posts
Save Topic
eating and beaches on spetses

Can anyone recommend the best resturants/tavernas to eat in on Spetses.

Also, are there any sandy beaches on Spetses? Or, if not, where are the nicest pebbled beaches?

Carmarthen, Wales...
Level Contributor
24 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating and beaches on spetses

Try Lazzaros Restaurant up the hill in Kastelli district, go up a rd called Spetson for about 150-200yds, also Hatzis Taverna near the Old harbour.

For bars it has to be Spetsa bar in front of Ay. Mammas the town beach, run by Kosta and Wendy they play 60's 70's music, to a mixed crowd ranging from ageing Hippies like mysef to bright young things!

also try Ay. Marina beach (sand) which has a couple of restaurants and a nice bar playing relaxed laid back music, and serving Ace cocktails.

Finally you must go to Zogaria beach, reached by boat from the Dapia (main harbour), runs about 11:00am returns about 16:30.

Its a lovely cut-off beach with coarse sand , just one taverna and not at all crowded- take a good book and chill.

London, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating and beaches on spetses

I agree with Welshbluesman, Spetses Bar is a good place to go for drinks, I think its opens at about 7 in the evening and doesn't close til the last person leaves.

For beaches I would recommend Anagiri, especially if you like caves, there is a fantastic one there. Other nice beaches are Paraskevi and Marina (or Paradise) beach.

3. Re: eating and beaches on spetses

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Spetses