We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries/Flying dolphin

Which Hydra hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries/Flying dolphin

I am wanting to fly on a Sunday to Pireaus and was wondering if there are enough ferries/flying dolphins on a sunday afternoon to Hydra and does anyone know the latest going and the earliest coming back from Hydra. Also how long does it take, just trying to get everything to coincide!! Thank you Anita

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,442 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferries/Flying dolphin

sorry,i made a mistake,so deleted my post

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferries/Flying dolphin

No ferries call at Nafplio. There is a company Pegasus Cruises which have day trips to Hydra ,Spetses and Monemvasia. They have a website; no schedules published yet, but you could e-mail. Don't expect a quick reply , the season hasn't started yet.

Ferries carry on as usual on public holidays (sometimes an extra boat?)

Industrial disputes are not a regular or weekly events, maybe four seamen's strikes last year.

There are two buses a day from Nafplio to Galatas, which is on the mainland opposite the island of Poros, a five minute boat trip. From there various ferries travel to the Saronic Islands , including Hydra.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferries/Flying dolphin

MariaC

You are posting on an old thread on the Hydra forum. You need to post a new question, maybe on the Skopelos forum.

Wakefield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
72 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferries/Flying dolphin

I am planning to go to Hydra for a day trip from Athens (Piraeus) Sept 7 (sunday) Do I need to book my trip for 2 ahead? (no vehicle). Thank You!!!

15. Re: Ferries/Flying dolphin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 26, 2015