We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sparta to elafonisos

sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
sparta to elafonisos

Hi,

Can someone please, i beg you, tell me the following:

1) How far is it to drive from Sparta to Elafonisos?

2) I believe there are 2 ways, one which is crazy and scary and the other not so scary. What is the not-so-scary way?

Thanks

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sparta to elafonisos

It's a pretty straightforward route and not a bit scary. Follow the main road past Krokees, Skala Molai and just follow the signs for Neapoli. It's the only route I know. Should take just over 2 hours.

Athens
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sparta to elafonisos

From Elos it is about 100 km. although I wouldn’t call it scary, there are some parts of the route that are harder than other. Make sure you do it during the day, it is easier this way and you can enjoy the scenery as well.

italy
Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sparta to elafonisos

Phill, is it the same route of public buses? Do they stop in Skala on the way to Neapolis?

4. Re: sparta to elafonisos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 02, 2009