We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere to stay near Patras?

kent
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
somewhere to stay near Patras?

Hi all,

we have an early(ish ) flight from Araxos, and are looking for somewhere to stay within an hours drive of Patras. Not keen on the idea of staying in a city, but would appreciate some suggestions for a nights stay where we can enjoy a nice meal and realaxing surroundings.

many thanks

max

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

There are some nice hotels near the beach in Kato Achaia, wich is roughly halfway between Araxos and Patras. Probably a lot better place to stay than Patras itself.

tripadvisor.nl/Hotel_Review-g1188780-d535128…

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

Nicksy is spot on, that's where I would go too. Ideal location for your requirements with an easy (short) trip to the airport in the morning.

kent
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

thank you both for your quick responses. I have had a look at the link, and it does look appealing, but cant find any other info about the area? I see its on the beach, but is it in an area where there are several restaurants, or is it just one hotel? I was hoping there might be a small Greek town or village within easy reach of the airport. Is there more to Achaios, as google only shows a campsite? We will be travelling from Lefkada, and think that the estimated 3.5 hours will be too far for the morning journey to the airport.

We're happy to travel in the opposite direction....and as we have a car, are happy to go a bit further away. Are there any small towns villages within an hour would be great option for us.

thanks again for the advice

Ostend, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Argolis Region
Level Contributor
6,695 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

If I remember well (some years ago that I was there) there are restaurants in the centre of Kato Achaia wich is about 2 K from the hotels.

The hotels are in Paralia Niforeika. Next to it is a tiny fishing village called Alykes.

maplandia.com/greece/…

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

See post 29 here.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…40387769

I understand that the room cost €40.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

If your on a budget i could suggest 'golden sunset camping' allsios (half way between Araxos airport and Partas). Thats were im planning to stay a couple of nights before i return to Endland.

One question for you, have you arranged transport from Araxos airport yet?

Im having trouble finding a bus timetable for Patra - Araxos !

kent
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

Thanks all!

Chris, we will have a hire car so dont know about bus routes- sorry! Lots of threads about buses on this forum though, which might help?

Bedford
Level Contributor
65 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

Castella Beach hotel is a little gem about 10 mins north of Kato Achaia, just returned from there, very nice with a little beach and sea view balconies. My review is pending, booking.com has a few reviews and it cores well. They have their own resturnat on site and since they are not very busy at the moment you get full attention. Good range for out of season, no fish though. You should get a good price.

Tip, if you are going to Delphi don't go over the bridge, take a ferry underneath it. The bridge is 23 euros, the ferry about 6 and you have to pay to go back over the bridge after 3 hours. Very expensive.

kent
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

thanks for the recommendation guys. I was reluctant to go with this as I had ideas of walking along a beach full of tavernas in a fishing village atmosphere, but instead realized that the Castella was sensible for our flights the following morning.

It was very quiet, but the restaurant served lovely food, and the listening to the waves lapping beneath us was wonderful. We asked the owners if they minded us taking our drinks on the sunloungers and they kindly put the lights on so the beach was lit up for us! Very decadent, I know, but it made us happy 0=)

Edited: 4:25 pm, June 12, 2012
10. Re: somewhere to stay near Patras?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 22, 2013