We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in November?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in November?

Hi - visiting Athens for a few days in November followed by maybe 10 days in the Peloponnese using two centres. One probaby Nafplio. Any suggestions of another centre further south and west which would be not all shut up for winter at that time of year?

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in November?

Have a look at Kardamili/Stoupa. Still plenty of local eating options. What are you planning to do ? Excellent walking/hiking type stuff up into the mountains from Kardamili.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in November?

walking/hiking is just what we're looking for! Grateful for any more advice on this? Any websites/books with details?

Thanks very much

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,213 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in November?

Hi,

In that case Kardamyli is one of the best choices you could possibly make. The link below is useful for maps:

www.mountains.gr

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in November?

thanks very much!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,213 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in November?

Hi again,

Do check this out:

www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=3465145

I had better add that it is possible to take a bus to Exohori and hike up and beyond a gorge, the name of which I cannot remember off hand. Whatever, the link above mentions one of several hikes in the area. And, if you are feeling energetic it is possible to reach Mt. Taygetus at 2407 meter although this is easier to do from another direction !

Edited: 3:34 pm, September 15, 2013
Manchester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in November?

Hi. We stay at the fabulous Anniska Apartments in Kardamyli. A fabulous place! Perfect base for day trips into the mountains or a drive down into The Mani. You can't go wrong there I promise.

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in November?

I concur. Fantastic service and advice/maps etc from the Anniska, or from their sister property Liakoto for sea facing balconies. Either would be an excellent choice. Owned by the same family.

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
767 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in November?

Sorry I should have specified that they will provide advice and maps for the hiking etc.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay in November?

thanks for all this, it's really helpful!

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay in November?

Just to mention that Anniska also has amazing sea-front rooms, although we have not visited in November, so can't comment on the weather!

Get answers to your questions about Peloponnese