We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Monarch holidays website is now up and running!

Only seems to be showing flights from Gatwick!!!!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Hi Alikitrypiti

They have been on since Saturday, I have been watching for them coming on. It is a long journey out stopping off somewhere else Skiathos I think someone said. Looks like Birmingham flights will be the same. I phoned Cosmos the other day and they said they were still deciding which flights they were using.

Sidmouth Devon
Destination Expert
for Thasos
Level Contributor
790 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Hi Jackie M

Yes it is Skiathos on the way out and a direct flight on the way home, it is not showing any other departure airport than Gatwick!

The Monarch prices seem to be cheaper, so worth looking at this site as well as Cosmos.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,926 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

That's an interesting twist on marrying up the need for some planes to re-fuel on the way home from Skiathos, and taking passengers to extra destinations.

It's a bit of a long way round on the way out, though!

Edited: 7:32 am, November 06, 2013
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,906 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

yes thought they would do it that way round after I heard it. It makes sense, as Skiathos has one of the shortest runways and often the planes take off with low fuel because of the weight and then refuel in Thessaklonia before the going home journey. This way they can refuel and drop more passengers off / collect at the same time lol.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,926 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

I presume it also means that they don't think they can fill a plane just flying to Kavala/Thassos?

Is this plane in addition to their normal Skiathos flights?

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Hi I have read today that they will be flying fro Birmingham and Manchester, but not decided which planes they are using but should be on website by end November !!!

If you look on atoz-guides.com/cosmos-holidays-coming-thass… it lists all the different studios that will be on sale.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,906 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Hi jackie

Just for info, the Dimitris Hotel is next to the Nostos, it has a swimming pool, the Ioannis further down the road on the right, has a swimming pool, Emerald Suites are just below Emerald Studios.

Castle Hotel, Suzie Sudios and Margarita Apps I believe are in Skala Potamia

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

Thanks for info Derek.

Jackie

Thetford, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

have contacted Cosmos regarding flights from Gatwick. They stop at Kavala first then Skiathos on the way out.

On the homeward journey they pick up at Thassos first then land in Skiathos to pick up passengers for Gatwick. Thus a 5hr 15 min return journey time.

10. Re: Monarch Holiday site now Live!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Thasos