We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smaragdi

blackburn
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Smaragdi

Has anyone found Smaragdi (part of Emerald) for next year, wonder if they have put them with Emerald have emailed Costas but had no reply as yet. Someone said Thomson have got rid of some of the smaller accomodation

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smaragdi

Did you ever get a reply from kowtow about next year? I have just rung thomsons and they can't tell me whether smaragdi will be available next year or not. We have stayed their about 6 times over the years and much prefer it to the emerald itself.

blackburn
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smaragdi

Well Kostas did reply saying he wasn't sure why they weren't in the brochure as they are still with Thomsons and that he would enquire and let us know, he didn't. We contacted Thomsons who confirmed that they are not doing Smaragdi, to be honest didn't see anywhere else that we would rather stay, so think we are looking at somewhere new, looking for suggestions.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smaragdi

We did the Smaragdi for the last 4 years and thought that we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else, we returned to Thassos this year independently this year and stayed at the Hatzigiorgi apartments, these are just around the corner from the Marina studios. I would recommend these to everyone, they offer large studios and apartments at very reasonable prices. We shall more than likely return to these again next year, you may not get the see views that you get from the Smaragdi but the service and friendliness from the owner easily matches Costas and Katerinas. We still made the trek up the hill to visit them a few times and were welcomed back as old friends, which was nice.

Mentioned in this post
blackburn
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smaragdi

yes we met a few people who did it independently this year, but to be honest they nearly paid as much for flights as we did for the whole holiday, plus they had car hire and having to drive too, think we will have a look round for somewhere new, we have been for the last 3 years as well as staying on mainland Greece later in year.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Smaragdi

We paid about £50 more than we would have with Thomsons but we got an apartment instead of a studio and car hire for 2 weeks, if you add the cost of these to Thomsons we would have paid about £500 more than we did. No contest :-)

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smaragdi

Hi AdiLee

I think we chatted to you on the beach lol

blackburn
Level Contributor
268 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smaragdi

might check it out, but then we only paid £672 for 2 weeks at Smaragdi for both of us.

Rotherham, England...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Smaragdi

Heard from Katerina yesterday and she said Smaragdi should be on Thomson's website very soon. Have checked today and it is on, along with the Nostos.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smaragdi

yes she posted on the go thassos site that it was going on this morning and I sent the OP a pm

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,423 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smaragdi

also the owners of Blue Bay Hotel have said they are no longer with Thomsons

Edited: 9:45 am, September 08, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Thasos
Recent Conversations