We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

4 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

Is it possible to take a ferry (or multiple ferries) from Rhodes to Samos in one day on June 4th (Tuesday) 2013? If so, what is the easiest strategy? Should I book in advance?

Thanks so much!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

No direct ferry now, it was only once a week anyway so the chances of using it were slim.

However that is irrelevent as it is essentially ferries straight up the line of islands.

The 1st ferry needs to get you to any island from Kalimnos to Patmos.

The 2nd ferry gets you from any of those islands Kalimnos/Leros/Lipsi/Patmos to Samos(Pythagorion)

That's all you need to know.

It might be done in a day if the Hydrofoil is running, if not factor in a night or two on one of those islands to get the 2nd ferry.

I would choose Lipsi or Patmos, you may decide to stay longer....

Timings taken from last year:

08:30 Dodecanissos Seaways catamaran arr Patmos 13:15, then 17:00 Hydrofoil. or next day maybe 11:00 'Nissos Kalimnos' or 17:00 Hydrofoil.

http://www.anekalymnou.gr/ (Greek)

Only the first is currently bookable, you'll have to wait on the hydrofoil, maybe early May time.

'Nissos Kalimnos' from Patmos > Pythagorion listed as 09:35 Tues, Fri, 11:00 Thur, Sun.

Jerusalem, Israel
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

Hi iam flying to Rhodos on June from israel i need to go to samos are there feries from Rhodos or kos to samos karlovasi or vathi i dont mind but i need to book a flight or to kos or to Rhodos so wish island reaches to samos, cause i dont want to go from pireus.

Edited: 12:21 pm, March 29, 2014
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,184 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

You need to take the ferry 'Nissos Kalimnos' which goes Kalimnos > Leros > Patmos > Pythagorion(Samos).

Departs Kalimnos 05:00 Tues, Fri, and 07:00 Sun.

You can get to Kalimnos or Patmos from Rhodes or Kos with a Dodekanissos Seaways catamaran.

Copy & Paste the 2nd URL

Edited: 2:10 pm, March 29, 2014
4. Re: Ferry from Rhodes to Samos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, March 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Samos