We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well done Thomas Cook

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Well done Thomas Cook

Flying out to Lesvos in 2 weeks time Rang Thomas Cook this morning to ask about bringing donations for the refugees. They have allowed an extra 5 kg of hold luggage per person you just need to tell them what you are bringing out spread the word!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
144 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Motto

Who did you contact to arrange this? And does it have to be a seperate case etc

Many thanks for your help we're thinking oof taking kids clothes, caps

Cheers

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Give them a call on 01733 224330

You will need your booking reference number when you call.

I am taking a separate bag you will need to check with them you may be able to take it in your case.

Make sure you get email confirmation I had to call back as mine didn't arrive after my first call.

You have to be patient as I was on hold for 25 minutes.

Hope this helps

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

we are going out the end of September last flight so I will try ringing monday.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

A pat on the back for you motto68 for taking the initiative, I know others have tried but 5kg extra weight allowance is a substantial concession by Thomas Cooke. We visited Lesvos in May and were oblivious of any refugees until their arrival on the island was mentioned to us during our stay. However, on the journey back to the airport, we saw refugees trekking over the hills near Skala Kalloni, then walking along the roadside further on. It was very distressing and humbling to see people in these circumstances, so anything useful that future travellers to the island can take will, I am sure, be greatly appreciated. I hope you and other donors have the wonderful holiday you deserve.

Glastonbury, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Agree with you 123twinkletoes we were there in May and never really knew much about the refugees and what was going on till on the way back to airport.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Hi, what a kind thing to do. I am travel to Lesbos at the end of September and would like to do something to help. I know this is probably a daft question but is it possible to give the clothing etc directly to the refugees or is there a place where you deposit them?

Edited: 1:22 pm, August 02, 2015
Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Hi jcovey22, I have sent you a PM as to where you can leave stuff for the refugees and be sure that it will get to them.

This is a great thread and well done to Thomas Cook indeed! :O)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Lesbos
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

We saw the refugees at the start of May in Molyvos. If you went in the afternoon they had been moved on by coach. Now it seems they have to walk - I guess it's to do with the numbers involved and no money for the coaches.

We donated items they needed by going off in the car and bringing provisions back. We were told leaving clothes/shoes might be of help at the end of the holiday.

I'll check with TC before travelling about the extra 5kg - there is certainly room in the case for more.

Stroud, United...
Level Contributor
183 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Well done to you Motto68, good work.

I hope Thomas Cook receive some kudos for there part. A great gesture.

Wolverhampton
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,389 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Well done Thomas Cook

Great thread , well done to you Motto, to the others that have donated , and to Thomas Cook

Get answers to your questions about Lesbos