We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

diving in chios?

Which Chios hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
diving in chios?

I've read that Chios has the best diving in Greece (is this accurate?), but I'm having trouble finding info on dive shops there! The only one I've found is Chios Scuba Diving Center. Anyone have any information on them? Are there better ones I haven't found yet? I like that Chios is a little off the path (not Santorini, for example), so less information from former visitors is to be expected. But the lack of any information makes me nervous! My husband and I are getting diving certified next year before we leave for Greece, so I want to have a good company diving with me for my first dive!

22 replies to this topic
Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: diving in chios?

Sorry I can't help with the diving part, but I can say that we loved Chios. You've picked a wonderful island. Hopefully you'll find someone with good diving info for you. Happy planning.

Karen

Holland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: diving in chios?

I visit Chios for years. It is a beautiful island. I know the name Scuba Diving Club as the only one. I myself do not dive and I have no further information. I will try to get information from friends and then I'll let you know.

regards Doortje

Holland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: diving in chios?

As promised I would respond again when I would have received further information. I understand that there are two companies. As far as known, they are professional companies.

One company's name is SCUBA DIVING ADVENTURE SEA and can be reached at the following mobile number : 0030 - 6937237862.

The second company is SCUBA DIVING CENTER and the phonenumber is: 0030 - 2271081241.

Unfortunately I can not report further details. Good luck.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: diving in chios?

A google search shows me the first is in Karfas. I found the website for the second, but the english page isn't loading. There is a link on the greek page to Emporios Bay Hotel, so I'm assuming it is there?

Holland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: diving in chios?

Emborios Bay Hotel. is a Facebook friend. If you like I'll contact them in a private message. If the diving club is located in Emborios they knew surely more. Let me know.

Thibodaux, Louisiana
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: diving in chios?

That would be wonderful. Thank you!

I was really nervous that Chios doesn't have a DE, but everyone here has been more than helpful. Thanks all!

Holland
Level Contributor
9 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: diving in chios?

I have received 2 messages:

The first is.from Giouli Telli Kampa from the Emborios Bay Hotel with the following text: "I send you the facebook page of a friend who has a school of scuba diving near Emporios. You can send him a message and find out details https://www.facebook.com/ector.yiourgis… "

The second is from Ector Yiourgis (I found him via the above Facebook details ) : "I am building a website these days but I haven't finish it yet. I am running a small diving club at Apothika beach till July and up to today I haven't finish a nice website with facilities and prices. I will inform you when I finish it. If your friends want to contact me they can send me a email at hector_giourgis@hotmail.co.uk or phone me at 6974725459 or 2271076169 "

The information is very poor but I hope it will help to find out more.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,816 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: diving in chios?

Here is an overview of most diving options in Greece:

www.greeka.com/greece-sports/diving.htm

Edited: 12:26 pm, December 16, 2013
Vicenza, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: diving in chios?

Wanderlust4sarah did you make your dive trip? What company did you use? My husband wants to do this and we are investigating options.

Thanks

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: diving in chios?

Hi Wanderlust4sarah, I'm also interested in whether you managed to dive on your trip to Chios, and if so with whom. My family are planning a trip to Chios in October 2015, and we all want to dive (we're all PADI qualified).

Thanks!

Reply to: diving in chios?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chios