We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karousouli Military Cemetary

Which Thessaloniki hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Karousouli Military Cemetary

Would like to take my husband to visit his great uncles grave, is the cemetery easy to get to by train/bus from Thessolonika? Advice please.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Karousouli Military Cemetary

You probably mean Karasouli cemetery in Polikastro, north of Thessaloniki, near the FYROM border. cwgc.org/find-a-cemetery/…20CEMETERY

Theres an intercity bus line from Thessaloniki to Polikastro, timetables ktelmacedonia.gr/en/routes/list/tid=21#routes . You depart from KTEL Macedonia in the west side of Thessaloniki. I don't know where exactly does the bus stop in Polikastro, it might be here wikimapia.org/9060975/…9B . Cost is 8,50e return.

Edited: 4:12 pm, January 27, 2014
Goumenissa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karousouli Military Cemetary

Michelle hi,

I just now saw your post...

If you are still planning to visit, the cemetery is now been renovated but is still accessible to the public.

It is right outside the town of Polikastro. You can ask the bus driver to drop you off before the bus enters the town so that you can easily walk. Another ides could be reaching the town center, and take a taxi to the cemetery. This way you could arrange with the taxi driver to also wait for you there, or drive back to pick you up in case you need to spend some time in the cemetery. Generally the area of Paeonia and Mount Paiko is very interesting in case you'd like to spend some more time touring around....Let me know if you'll be needing more info! Enjoy your travelling!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Karousouli Military Cemetary

Many thanks for your reply, do you know when the renovations will be finished.? We are coming in June.

4. Re: Karousouli Military Cemetary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 17, 2015